55

Gina's POV

It's been a few weeks since the epic fight, but nothing was good. Sure, Ricky's mom and her boyfriend were still in jail, but we lost both boys.

Ricky hasn't left his house since. He's been missing school and he's just ghosted everyone, even Nini. What's worst is...EJ hasn't woken up.

He's been in the hospital for a while, we told our friends that he was caught in the fight and got hurt real bad, they also know that the Cosmic Witch and Nightmare were Ricky's mom and boyfriend, they know Ricky's dad was in jail, but that's all they know, only cause it was on the news.

I've been visiting EJ every day, always talking to him, I didn't know if he could hear me but it brought comfort, a bit more hope that someday, he'll come back. and I can actually tell him how I really feel about him.

It was another day at school, Nini and I adopted this whole new schedule. First thing, we'd wait at school to see if Ricky would come back, everytime we'd be disapointed. And then after school, me, her and Ash would drive to the hospital and check on EJ. His Uncle and aunt haven't left that room since.

We enter his room and I try not to cry like I've been doing for the same 4 weeks. EJ's almost lifeless body on the hospital bed. I tried to look on the bright side, he looks peaceful, minus the oxygen tubes in his nose and the feeding tubes he had as well.

"This all my fault" Mr. Caswell whispers. "I shouldn't have let him do this, I killed him."

"Hey, it's not your fault" Mrs. Caswell grabs his hand. "He wanted to do this, there was no stopping him.

I keep my eyes on EJ, the doctor once said his chances of survival were very low, I remember that day. I balled my eyes out that day, I pushed everyone away and just left myself alone. EJ went through so much for us saved the city, but it was so unfair that he couldn't see how he did.

"Will E-Day be otay?" Asher asks Ashyln with teary eye. Ash picks him up and holds him close, he lays his head on his shoulder and Ash rubs his back. "I don't know anymore" she cries.

I walk forward to him and take his hand, trying to see if I get a vision, but nothing happens, it's just dark. I try again and still nothing. I can't fight my tears anymore. "I can't see you," I say, dropping my head and just repeating those words.

"I can't see you."

Ashlyn walks up to me and wraps her arm around me

Ashlyn walks up to me and wraps her arm around me. I start to sink into her while still holding EJ's hand. The machine that determines that if he's living was still beeping, so that good.

Soon, the nurse walks in. "Excuse, may I have a word?"

The others walk pit, but I stay behind. "G, you coming?" Ashlyn asks. I look at her and shake my head. "I just wanna stay with him," I tell her. She nods her head and walks out.