20

Surprise!  Double update for you!  Cause I'm bored in school.  Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________

EJ's POV

While I'm driving, I look next to me, poor, bruised Ricky was asleep. I couldn't believe what he told me. He used to have it so good, perfect parents, he even once said he has a perfect life, where and when did this all go wrong for him?

I pull up to my house and quickly get out of my seat, he needs help and fasts. I can't believe one of the most perfect boys in the world was stuck with the worst woman ever. I get out of the car and open his door, gently shaking him awake.

"Wake up, bubba."

Ricky's eyes flutter open and he looks at me. My heart cracks as I look at his black eye and scars. "Come on" I whisper unbuckling him. He grabs my arm and I slowly help him out of the car and back on his feet.

As soon as he hits the ground snd hugs me tightly. "Please...please help me" the curly-haired boy begged softly, clearing fighting back tears. I wrap my arms around his waist and whisper "I'm here, we'll help you."

I quickly get us in the house and lay him on the couch. "I'll get the others," I tell him. "Please hurry" he groans.

I run up to Uncle Dennis and Aunt Debby's rooms, apparently, Ashlyn was in there too.

"EJ? What's wrong?"

"Come downstairs, please!" I plead.

They follow me downstairs where I show them Ricky's almost lifeless body on the couch, groaning, his eyes shut. Their jaws drop as their eyes widen. "Oh, my god!" Ash gasped.

"What happened, kid?" Uncle Dennis bends down to him, his hands softly touching his black eye.

I was expecting him to tell them about his mom, but instead...

"I got jumped again, just not the same people, more brutal."

I look at him with widened eyes. Why would he lie about this? Why would he still cover for his mom? He should just tell them the truth, we just talked to him about this.

"Oh, come on, honey" Aunt Debby says, she helps Ricky off the couch and leads him into the kitchen. "EJ, I saw your face."

"What do you mean?" I ask him. Wait, why am I covering for Ricky's mom? She's not mine and she's hurting my friend!

"I need you to tell me the truth, what happened to him?" Uncle grabbed my shoulder. I was wondering if I should tell them the truth or not. I don't want to lose Ricky's trust by telling him, but I also don't want him to feel alone anymore, like you can't share secrets anymore. I more than anyone knows how that feels.

"His mom hits him, she's been hitting him since he was 13, but he didn't tell anybody. He said his mom beat him hard today and he ran away. I found him crying in a dark alleyway. If I had known, maybe I could've helped him. I cou-could've..." my voice starts to crack and Ashlyn quickly grabs my hand.

"It's not your fault, EJ" Uncle Dennis says. "He's gonna fight this alone anymore."

____________________________________________________________

Ricky's POV

Ashlyn's mom was gently wiping the blood off my face and examining my black eye. I'm not used to getting this treatment, but then again, I've never been beaten this hard in my life, to the point where I have a black eye. I knew my mom would hurt me, but I never knew she would do this to me.