EJ

EJ's POV - (5 years old)

I had amazing parents. My mom was so awesome, she's always taking the time to watch me, take me to the park, and listen to me play my heart out. My dad was incredible, he was my biggest role model, I wanna be just like him. He would always play superheroes with me or teach me how to stand up for myself. He's actually the one who taught me how to play guitar. They were amazing and I love them more than anything.

I was in the car with my cousin, Ashlyn, my mom, and dad, they were picking us up from school, I have some time to chill before I head off to my best friend, Ricky's birthday party, he was turning 4 today and he was having this big superhero party. We were in the back of the car reading this book of superheroes. Their real, actually, superheroes, they pop up all over Utah saving people and stopping supervillains and terrible, death-like events.

"Did you just get that book?" Ashlyn asks, I look at her and nod, sharing the book with her.

Ashlyn was the best, I feel like I can talk to her about anything. You know those heroes that always have someone to turn to, like how Steve Rogers has Sam Wilson, Peter Parker has Ned, Barry Allen has Iris, well, for me, I have Ashlyn. She's like my rock.

"Which one is your favorite?" My mom asks. "The Emerald Fire" my cousin replied. The Emerald Fire was an awesome upgrade of the DC heroine, Starfire, they both could fly, can fire green glowing energy from her hands, can create an explosion of bright green glowing energy around her, and has super strength.

But I had a different response.

"The Red Fist."

I love the Red Fist, he has the powers of flight, super strength, x-ray vision, heat vision, cold breath, super-speed, and super hearing, he was basically Superman and Mr.  Incredible in one, he would always be my favorite no matter what. I heard my dad chuckle, and I knew why, he was expecting me to go on and on about the hero like I usually do.

We ended up at Ashyln's house. "What are we doing here?" I ask and my dad started explaining. "Your mom and I have some business to take care of, I gave your costume and your gift to Ricky to your Auntie Debbie." I give my dad big puppy eyes and my head fell, lately, he and mom always had to work, they haven't been around as often as they used to, couldn't even drive me to Ricky's party.

"Aww, baby boy" My mom looks back and places her hand in my head, stroking my hair. "We'll be back before you know it, I promise you, and we'll watch Sharkboy and Lavagirl."

A small smile grew on my face, my parents knew that Ashlyn and I loved Sharkboy and Lavagirl. My parents get out of the car and help us out, my cousin says bye to my parents and walks inside, getting her costume.

I didn't want them to leave, I guess since they're working most of the time, I became a little clingy, what kinda kid doesn't wanna spend most of their time with awesome parents like mine? "Hey, remember my promise," my mom says as she gives a sweet hug, kisses my forehead and we said our goodbyes, leaving me with my dad.

"Do you have to go?" I ask as my eyes became glossy. My dad scoops me up and holds me in his arms. "I have to, Eej" My dad smiles at me, but I could only frown. "Oh, come on, show me a smile!" My dad tickles my chest, I laugh and kick my legs begging him to stop. He stops after a while and lets me breathe "We'll be back later, I love you, Eej" he gives me a big hug.  "I love you too, daddy" I kiss his cheek, and puts me down, and I run to the house to pick up my gift and costume.  I have the best dad, no, scratch that,

I have the best parents.

____________________________________________________________

EJ - (10 years old)