45

EJ's POV

Soon enough, we're all fighting in the same area, fighting off zombies while the gas spreads throughout the whole city. I look back at Ricky, who's helping a kid back to his mom, another zombie runs up and tries to bite him, but he quickly tears him apart.

Everything has been wild. We were all doing our own thing, but sticking together. All we need to do is find the 2 who started all this. I guess they heard me cause they quickly flew down.

"Wow! You guys are stronger than we thought! But you still have to get through us!" Nightmare says.

"Take a hint, old man! There's more of us than you" Bruce says, hitting a zombie with a blast of chi energy.

Ricky's mom laughs before shooting us with a large beam of energy, but I quickly create a bubble around us. Soon I get tired and my force field drops.

I see Ricky's mom about to blast again, but she's blasting behind me

I see Ricky's mom about to blast again, but she's blasting behind me. I look behind me and see Ricky, who's too distracted fighting zombies to even notice.

"RICKY, LOOK OUT!" I scream running towards him. I run over to him and try to create a force field, but I didn't act quickly and we both end up flying into a building, breaking through a glass window.

"EJ! Are you guys okay?" Ashlyn asks through my earpiece. I'm fine, but I look at Ricky who seems like he's having a mental breakdown. He crawls to the corner of the building and pulls his knees up to his chest crying. "Ash, give me a minute alone with Rick," I say hoping she listens.

I crawl over to Ricky and hear him mumbling some stuff to himself, it's only till I get close to him that I actually hear what he's saying.

____________________________________________________________

Ricky's POV

"How could I let this happen? How could I be so stupid?"

I keep mumbling to myself, can you blame me? if I hadn't left my house, maybe I could've known sooner, maybe I could've done something. No! But instead, I just run away like a little baby, I could've stopped all of this, but I didn't, cause I was weak.

"This is all my fault."

"Hey, Richard, no! This isn't your fault, look at me" EJ says but I still keep my head down. He grabs my chin and makes me look at him, tears falling down my face.

"Listen, bubba, are you up for this? Are you? I really need to know because your mom's boyfriend is destroying the city with your mom. And we have powers. I know this is a lot for you, finding out your mom and her boyfriend is evil, your mom putting your da in jail. You're going through a lot. And I know nobody knows what you're going through, but don't forget I'm going through a lot too. I've felt different and like a freak my whole life, but I still tried to be the perfect person. I found out my parents were superheroes. We're both going through a lot, no one else can understand our problems, and I know it's easier to just curl up in a little ball and cry."