10

Ricky's POV - (Saturday Night)

I came home last night with my bags packed from Miss Jenn. The Mall was pretty cool, and maybe Gina's right, I shouldn't let what the others say to me, she was pretty nice to help me, maybe I should actually take the time to warm up to the scary, but really nice girl.

I was so in my head, I didn't even notice I was home, I open the door and the minute I walked in, I felt a hard force flies across my face, leaving a hard and painful sting. It took a while to realize my mom slapped me. "What was that for?"

"Your idiot self got in another fight and had detention for the next week, I don't see how you belong to me!"

"Mom, please just leave me alone" I groan, but as I tried to walk away, she shoved me to the ground, my back of my head hits the floor hard, and gasp in pain. "You're so disappointing! Your such a stupid boy!"

"Lynne!"

My dad runs down the stairs and helps me up, I look to see Todd sitting on the couch drinking some Root Beer, he looks at me and smirks. I just wanna walk right over to him and punch him square in the face, until he bleeds, like how he's watched me.

"Don't try and save him, he deserves it!"

"Stay away from my son!"

"He is NOT just your son!"

I didn't wanna hear all this arguing, which was just because of me, so I run, I get out of my dad's grasp and run upstairs, slamming the door behind me. I collapse on my bed and hug myself close, trying to fight back my tears, letting out shaky breaths, I don't wanna cry, I'm not about to cry, even if the burning red handprint and the pain on the back of my head make me want to.

After a while, my dad opens the door and gently knocks on the door.

"You okay, son?" He asks, but I just stay silent, it's not that I'm mad at him, I just don't wanna talk to him, I just don't wanna talk about it.  I hate ignoring my dad, but he can't help me through all of this, no one can, no one understands what I'm going through.

"Son, please talk to me, I wanna help yo-"

"If you wanna help, then leave me alone!" I snap at him, but I quickly regret it, I hate taking my anger out on my dad, mom, maybe, Todd, definitely, but my dad, the only person in my family who actually treats me right, no.

I didn't hear my dad respond, but I hear my door close.  I'm so stupid, pushing away the one person I need the most, the one thing I could hold onto, maybe mom's right, I deserve to be alone and I always will be.  After a while, I dig my face into my pillow and ball my eyes out. I cry until I finally drift to sleep.

--Present time--

I was walking down the halls in school, everyone was staring at me, when I actually looked at them, they quickly turned, I heard some squeaks and some whispering that stupid nickname, demon. I ignore them and walk to my locker, where I find my friends and something on my locker.

"What's up?" I ask. Gina points a finger at my locker and I turn. "No! Don't look!" Cyrus says, but I don't listen, but I wish I took his advice. It was a mirror, with a crack, there were painted orange and yellow streaks that look like fire and black paint that makes it look like horns growing out of my hair.

We all turn around when we hear a group of jocks laughing, and of course, there being led by Andrew.

"You think this funny?"

"No, of course not. They think it's funny" Andrew smiles, and his crew laughs. As he walks by, he bangs his Basketball against my head and whispers "later demon."