21

EJ's POV

I wake up on the floor, I slept there so Ricky could have the bed to himself.  Asher wasn't on my chest anymore, so I guess Ash took him.  I get up from my position and look at Ricky, his leg was slowly falling off the bed, his shirt was pulling up and he was drooling a little, not to mention snoring softly. I chuckle and give him a soft kiss on his burning forehead.

I walk in my closet and get dressed, ready for school.  As I'm about to leave the room, I hear the bed shuffle, I turn around and see Ricky's eyes fluttering open looking at me.  "Hey, how you feeling?"  I walk up to him.  "Not good" he mumbles. 

"You want to stay home today?  I'll stay with you"  I bend down and run my fingers through his messy curls.  Ricky shakes his head struggling to sit up.  "Mh...no...go to school, I'll stay here," he says, his arms shaking as he starts to get up.  I run my hand down his arm looking at his bruises and scars.

"You sure? Cause if you want me to, I will" I tell him. "Eli, I'll be fine, I'm pretty sure I'll just be in bed all day."

"Well, if you want to when I come back, we can watch something. Red said WandaVision was good."

"He watches WandaVison?" He asks and we both laugh, but the moment he starts, he winces in pain. "Oh, I'm so sorry, bubba" I apologize, but he grabs my shoulder and shakes his head. "It's not your fault, it's my mom's, and I'm sorry to be such a burden."

"Curls, how many times do I have to tell you?  You're not a burden, I want you to be here cause you're one of my oldest friends, I want you to be safe, I hated seeing you the way I saw you last night. I care about you and I'm not about to let your mom beat you for the rest of your life."

I small smile creeps on his face and he looks down, trying to fight it. 

We both hear a knock on the door, we both turn to see Uncle Dennis smiling at us.  "Okay, boys.  EJ, go to school, I'll stay home and take care of Ricky."

I just nod at him.  "See ya later, bubba," I tell Ricky.  I grab my stuff and I kinda, accidentally super speed out the room, leaving behind a gust of wind.  Next thing I know I'm rolling across the floor in the living room where I see both Ash's and Aunt Debby waiting for me.  "Sorry" I shout to Uncle Dennis and Ricky.

"It's okay" both of them shout back.

"Ricky's staying home?"  Ash asks, and I just nod.

"What are we gonna tell the others?"

"Were tell them he got hurt bad and he's staying home."

"Okay, let's go" Ashlyn picks up Asher and we both head out.  We get in the car and drive to school.

____________________________________________________________

Nini's POV

Me, Gina, and the others were hanging in the halls, we somehow got on the topic of Ricky missing.  "Did you find Ricky last night?"  Big Red asks.  "He said that EJ found him and he spent the night at his place."

"Speaking of EJ," Seb says.  We look behind us to see EJ and Ashlyn walking towards us.  "Hey, guys" Ashlyn smiles.  "Hey, how's Ricky?"  Red asks, confusing both of them.  "I called him last night, he said he spent the night at your place."

"Oh, he's got hurt...real bad, so he's taking an off day" EJ explains.  He got hurt?  He didn't tell me that, was it stupid Andrew.  

"Oh...is he okay?"  Walker asks.

"Yeah, nothing too bad, just a few bruises."

"Okay, well, hope he feels better," Andi says.  We're about to walk off, but I hold Gina's arm so we can stay with EJ.  "Hey, Ricky told me you have good news for us? Is it you-know-what news?"  I ask him.