54 Part 2

Ricky's POV

I walk into the building, my other glowing handshaking, my pupils glowing gold. I see Todd and my mom laid out, covered with marks. I kneel down next to my mom and I see her eyes dart towards me.

 I kneel down next to my mom and I see her eyes dart towards me

"Y-you. You could've been with us, you should've helped us. Now you will get us outta here."

I shake my head at her with her same death glare. "No. You're gonna go to jail...with him...and you will be far away from me."

She quickly grabs my wrist, making me flinch. "Please, you are nothing without me. Without me, you're a weak little boy" she whispers, but I pull my arms away, I take off my mask again so she can see my actual face.

"No! I am strong without you. You just want someone you can hurt and control. That person...will not be me."

"Richard! I am your mother" she tells me. I just shake my head at her.

"You have never been...and you never will be my mother," I tell her, putting the cuffs on her wrist.

I walk over to Todd and grab his wrist, but before I could, he sprays me with his fear toxins. I start to cough and stumble back.

It's cute how hard you try to stand up to us, but don't forget. Without us. You're weak.

I'm looking at a screen. It's me, as a kid, my mom shoved me to the ground, when I tried to get back up and fight back, she shoved me into the wall and I crumbled to the ground. I look around and see memories of me getting hurt.

 I look around and see memories of me getting hurt

You're small. Helpless.

Suddenly, like my nightmare a few months ago, the ground breaks into the shattered glass under me, and I start to fall, hearing the screams and grunts of me when I was a kid. The shards around me pierce my skin, swinging around me, and cutting me. I soon see my red blood falling above me, escaping my flesh. I feel my body become numb and weaker again. I fall back on the ground and behind Todd, I see a big screen that sees my mom giving me the beating of my life.

"Without us, your just you."

He's right, I am just me. And that's what I realized. Every beating I had. I always got back up, I never stayed down. And that's what I'm doing now. I get back up that glare at my mom's boyfriend.

"I am just me: a hero, and I will always be that."

Todd lets out a beam of fear toxins that almost blows me back, but I keep my balance. One step at a time, slowly. I feel my body start to glow gold and I get closer and closer, I feel better and stronger while all the scars and bruises start to heal. Finally, I grab his wrists and snap the cuffs on his.

 Finally, I grab his wrists and snap the cuffs on his

"It's over, Toad."

I was about to walk away but then my mom starts talking. "We'll be back and when we do, we'll make you sorry you little a-"

Before she can finish, I got annoyed quickly. " turn back and way my hands. One of the cuffs around her arms floats around and the cuff wraps itself around her mouth, making me snicker.

The police walk in and I nod my head, quickly putting my mask back on before they can see.

"Take 'em," I say

The police grab both of them and they walk away with them. I walk back to my friends with a frown"You okay?" Nini walks up to me. I wanna say yes, but I know the truth, I thought arresting mom and Todd would finally make me feel better, but now I just feel worst, like I really did tear my family apart. I feel the energy in my eyes die down and tears take over.

"No" my voice cracks.

Nini pulls me in and I wrap my arms out her waist.

Suddenly, we hear a thud making both of us jump back. What happened this time?

"GUYS! HE'S OUT AGAIN!" Gina screams. We look and see the worst thing.

EJ.

He's unconscious on the ground again. The inside of his skin has red electricity flowing all over.

"No, no, no, no, no, no" I mummer to myself, kneeling down to his level

"No, no, no, no, no, no" I mummer to myself, kneeling down to his level. I can't lose EJ, not him. I need him, don't die.

"Wake up. WAKE UP!" I shout shaking him. Nini pulls me away and I start to break down. Gina bends down next to EJ's lifeless body and connects their foreheads together again, crying. "You're gonna be okay" Nini whispers, pulling me in for a hug telling me not to look. "He's gonna be fine."

"Is he breathing? Howie asks.

Gina presses her ear against his chest but she just starts crying again. That's not the answer I wanted. Please no, don't take him from us, not now.

Sorry, but I was not about to let EJ off the hook that easily, so now his life is at risk, and with the ending coming soon! I really don't want this story to end but it has to, I just have at least 2 more chapters, then a big surprise at the end, but I'm not gonna spoil anything. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.