Ricky

Out of all of these backstories, I can say with a heavy heart that Ricky is the saddest, and a warning, this backstory has some abuse, not that much!

Ricky's POV - (4 years old)

I love my family! My parents love me so much and would basically do anything for me. They always make time for me, they take me to the Skate House, they make plans for movie night, and they even give me cuddles and kisses, my parents have probably been together since college.

"Are they here yet?!?!" I'm basically hyper and eager bouncing down the stairs in a superhero costume, it was my 4th birthday party, it was a superhero party. They were actually real, they pop out all over Utah saving the day, and they're so cool. I was waiting for my 3 best friends, Big Red, E.J., and Nini. I've known them since forever, they're basically my brothers and sister, and I love them.

"They'll be here when they get here" my mom laughs. I wait at the door, waiting for my best friends to run through the door, but instead, I get a surprise attack, I feel 4 pairs of arms wrap around me.

"Happy Birthday, Ricky!!" Nini, E.J., Big Red, and Ashlyn, in their superhero costumes, shouted with glee. "Thank you!" I smile at them, returning the hug. "Your not gonna wait for the other guest?" My dad asks, but come on, these were my best friends, I might just spend my whole life with them.

"You can call me when they get here" I giggle as I run off with my friends.

Later on more people came, like Nini's best friend, Kourtney, she met all of us in our room, I always quickly say hi to the other guest, but spend most of the time with my friends.

We were all playing video games, but Big Reds controller died. "Aww."

"Don't worry, I'll get you more batteries" I get up and walk downstairs to find my parents.

"You got the wrong flavor!" I hear whisper yells from the stairs that sound like...my mom?

"So what if I got red velvet instead of chocolate, he loves them both!"

I stand at the entrance of the Kitchen listening to them, my eyes start to get glossy. I think there's a gymnast in my stomach? Cause it's doing flipping and turning all over, they both slowly turn their heads towards me. "Hey, buddy," my dad says.

"Are you guys fighting?" I ask trying not to cry, but I think I'm about to cause my voice is shaking. My parents never fight, why would they start now? Especially on my birthday?

"Don't worry about it, what's wrong?" My mom asks.

"I, um, need some batteries"

"I got it" my dad reaches in the draw and puts two AA batteries in my hands and I scuttered upstairs.

I walk up to my room, my eyes were still glossy, Nini quickly knew something was wrong with me. "Hey, you okay?" She asks, but I just sit on my bed and start explaining. "My parents were f-fighting, they never fight."

"It's okay, our parents fight, too" Nini sits on my bed and wraps her arm around me, I leaned my head on her shoulder, I love doing that, it's just really nice and calming. "Yeah, but they still love each other" Kourtney smiled.

I decided to listen to them. My parents are fine, they had one little argument, it didn't mean anything, they still love each other, and they still love me. We're still one big happy family.

____________________________________________________________

One month later

It was time for our school's talent show, it was in the gym. I was next to the wall with the other participants, I look in the distance to see my parents, my dad was giving me a thumbs up and my mom was smiling.