39

Ricky's POV

I find myself in the dead-end again, thinking to myself. How worst could my life get? I found out my dad's in jail cause of a false claim, I might never see him again, I got another Detention and to top it all off, I made my best friend bleed.

I bring my legs up to my chest and just cry. I stopped by EJ's house to get my razor, I ignored Dennis and Debby's calls for me. I ignored my phone calls from EJ, Nini, Big Red, and Miss Jenn, I don't deserve to talk to anyone. I don't deserve their love, their appreciation, I don't deserve anything in general.

After crying for a little while, I can't take it anymore. I take this severe anguish anymore. I scream, I unknowingly let out a massive wave of energy that shakes everything near me, thank goodness nobody's around to see this because I can't stop myself. My powers lift me off the ground and I stand on my feet, but when it stops, I still feel all the emotions I don't wanna feel.

I let out another wave of energy that actually cracks the bricks of the walls in the alleyway, I let out another scream of agony and when it stops, I fall on my knees and continue to cry, hugging myself close

The voices are back, and this time I can't fight them off or ask anyone to help me.

Nobody wants you, everyone you have finds a way to leave you. Now because of you, you ruined your father's life.

"No! M-My friends want me. T-They love me, t-they said s-so."

No! Nobody loves you. That's why no one is around, you should do it! Do it again, maybe this time even kill yourself, everyone will be happy.

I bite my lip as I take my razor out of my pocket, looking at it long and hard. "N-No! I do feel terrible for my dad, but he said he loves me. Nini said she loves me, EJ said he loves me. They're telling the truth...aren't they?"

No, they don't, you're the reason your friends aren't here, you bring everyone down, you're the reason your dad is in jail, you should just end your life, you're such a burden to everyone and you make everyone hate you, JUST DIE!!!

"FINE!" I yell and I roll up my arm. I slowly start to slit my wrist and watch the blood come out.

Yes continue, everyone will be happy when you're gone, that's what you want, isn't it?

"Yes, it is," I say.

Then continue

I listen to the voices and cut more and more, my tears getting mixed with my blood. I decide to cut my other arm too, maybe this time I will listen to all the voices...and kill myself. Nobodies gonna miss me, the only person who loved me is in jail because of me.

"Curls?"

I look up and see EJ with bandages and watery eyes. "I'm sorry" I whimper.

"It's all right" EJ bends down and cleans my cuts, making me hiss and cry harder and harder.

He's just doing this to be nice, they don't want you here, he wants to make sure you die a painful death, more than this

"SHUT UP!" I scream covering my ears, shutting my eyes so I don't look at EJ.

"Let me finish, bubba," EJ says and takes my arms again. He finishes putting on the bandages in my arm and wraps his arms around me while I cried. I hate myself so much and so does the world. If it didn't why would I have such a screwed-up life.

____________________________________________________________

EJ's POV

After school, I quickly looked around for Ricky, I know I said I would go to the Airport, but right now, Ricky was the most important. I'm not mad at him for giving me a cut on my lip, but I'm not, I know it was all out of anger. I know more than anyone that when you're angry or upset, your powers can get outta control.

As I was looking, Uncle Dennis called me saying, that Ricky stopped by the house, grabbed something from my room, and quickly ran away without saying a word, but it sounded like he was crying. I had to hurry, cause I immediately knew that he went to get his razor, so I went home to get some bandages just in case.

When super-speeding around didn't work, I decide to turn invisible and fly in the air to see if it was better. When I saw the wave gold energy, I knew that was my guy.

When I saw Ricky cutting himself again, the memory of the first time I saw him cut himself came into my mind, and him screaming for his voices to shut up only made it worst for both of us. After I bandaged him, I just held him in my arms trying to calm him down.

"Are you okay now?" I ask. I wasn't mad at him, not mad or disappointed, I needed him to know that there were people who cared about him and are concerned about his well-being. I can't imagine what he's going through right now.

"I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me" He mumbles. "It's okay, I'm not mad," I say. I sit up ad grab his shoulders. "Ricky, I don't want you hurting yourself anymore."

"I'm so sorry, EJ,"  he tells me. I help him stand up and hugged him close to me and told him that he didn't have to be sorry at all. I run my hands through his hair and softly press his head into my shoulder.

"Look at me Bubba, I'm not mad at you for cutting yourself, and I'm not mad at you for giving me a cut on my lip, I know you're just upset. I'm so sorry about your father, I promise you that we're gonna get him out and you're gonna see him again."

"Why do you even put up with me?" He asks, confusing me.

"Bubba, you're my frie-"

"Cut it out, EJ. I'm broken, so why do you even try it?"

I pull him in for another hug a d kiss his forehead. "Cause one day or another, I'm gonna fix you."

Ricky just cries into my shoulder. Soon we come home, Asher was hanging out with Seb and Carlos, Ashlyn was with Big Red, so it was just me, Curls, Uncle Dennis and Aunt Debby, but when they saw Ricky, they thought it was best we'd have some alone, so we're just in my room and Ricky was still crying into my chest. I text the others that I found Ricky and he's fine and he just needs some time.

Okay, I am so sorry for making all of this so sad and heartbreaking, but, ya know, it all pays off. The next chapter won't be as sad, but it will have a lot of big surprises, so brace yourself, Wildcats. I'll also be introducing some new characters. And conformation. After this book, I'm starting my own season 3 of HSMTMTS. I know I say this a lot, but this time I mean it. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.