PLOT TWIST!

Dennis's POV (This is brand new!)

After the kids head home after a few hours of training, I stay behind cleaning up my office. I think it's an understatement when I say I'm so proud of those kids, especially EJ. I'm still a little upset that he hid the truth about him not feeling like he belonged but now he really stepped up and I couldn't be prouder of him.

"Dennis!"

I turn around see Debby in with a tablet and a very scared look. "Hey hey, what's wrong?" I ask, walking up to her. "You need to see this!" She tells me. I take the tablet from her hands and see the weirdest thing.

"The explosion?"

The same explosion a couple of months ago. The same explosion at the lab that gave EJ, Ricky, Nini, and Gina their powers. I don't understand what there is to see. There was an explosion, the kids were stuck and unconscious.

"I don't see anything different" I look back at her.

"That was the footage on the internet, somehow the image was replaced. This is what really happens" she swipes the screen and we see something totally different.

It was after the explosion and after the kids got blown back. But what's different, a lot of rubble and debris fall on top of them, almost making me jump. I look back at Debby confused and she motions for me to keep watching.

After a few minutes, before I think that something terrible was fatal, I see a bright red glow shining through the rubble. Suddenly, it starts to float in the ait then suddenly explodes and I see something that shocks me.

EJ.

He's still unconscious, but his body was emitting the bright red glow

He's still unconscious, but his body was emitting the bright red glow. Soon it grows brighter and brighter until finally, he lets out an enormous wave of red energy, and because of that...the camera just shuts off.

"I don't understand" I stutter, looking at my wife

"This is what really happens, so you know what that means?" She asks. But that does only mean one thing, but that can't be, we would've known...wouldn't we? He would've known too...wouldn't we?

"Are you telling me...that EJ was...born with his powers?"

"Seems like it," she says. "But that's not it" she zooms out and we see other cameras around the lab. EJ's energy spreads throughout the whole place and there are unconscious bodies everywhere, and they all glow different colors. On another camera, while EJ's body was still glowing red, Ricky's was glowing gold, Nini's was glowing blue and Gina's was glowing purple.

"Dennis, what's happening?" Debby asks me. I look back at her with an open jaw.

"EJ happened," I tell her.

"His power to absorb and give energy is what started this whole thing. He accidentally spread his energy to everyone in the Lab. Debby...EJ gave powers to everyone in that Lab."

We both look at the tablet with scared faces. Who knows what superpowered teenagers are out there? They could be allies, enemies, they could even be one of the kid's friends. There's a lot we don't know right now, but one thing we do know.

The Elite Force better get ready.

OHH! PLOT TWIST!

Okay, I'm not sure if I'll make more stories, I just felt like this would be great to add because every superhero movie I watch has some after scene that leads into something else. So the continuation of this story is in thought, but if I do, I'll probably take the time to dive into other characters, like if you go back to the chapter where Nightmare first came in, I mentioned something about Walker having some trouble, so maybe the next book might be more about him than the Core Four. All I know is that I got some thinking to do about this.

Another question, if you could rate the Elite Force from most powerful to least powerful, how you do it? My list is below.

#1 EJ
#2 Ricky
#3 Mal
#4 Nini
#5 Lily
#6 Howie
#7 Bruce
#8 Gina
#9 Sadia
#10 Jean