34

EJ's POV

It's been a week. A week since Gina moved away. I've been trying to call her, but I keep getting her voicemail, that's the closest thing I have to hear her voice. I really miss her and it's messing with my head, I can barely focus on anything but her, and it's affecting me being a superhero

"EJ, FOCUS!" Ashlyn yells through my earpiece. I forgot we're fighting Nightmare again, this time it's worts cause he attacked us with our friends around, so we had to get them somewhere safe. Just as I stop thinking about the girl I like and miss, I find myself flying against a building wall. Before I fall, my force field takes the form of a wall that protects me.

"Would you focus please?" Nini shoots 3 bolts of lighting Nightmare and helps me up. "Sorry, my mind is somewhere else," I say, I super speed to the zombies, I was able to use my super strength to enhance my attacks, making the zombies propel several feet.

I really miss Gina and it's kinda affecting my fighting, I've been going super hard and I kinda like it. My strength has been a little uncontrollable lately, yesterday I accidentally crushed my doorknob, literally.

"If you're not gonna put up a challenge, why not just leave?" Nightmare rolls his eyes. I feel anger rise in my body, with him, Gina not talking to me. I speed over to him and create a psionic wall that I slam into him with like a battering ram.

 I speed over to him and create a psionic wall that I slam into him with like a battering ram

"Oh, touch a nerve there, did I?" Nightmare asks getting up. I then feel like I just lost complete control over my body. I start to super punch his chest and stomach repeatedly. I was going so fast that it's only when after I stop my punches take effect, his body bounces different ways and he's suddenly thrown back.

"How'd you do that?" Howie asks.

"I don't know."

When Nightmare gets back up, he tries to hit me again with a strong puff of brown gas, but I quickly dodge. I feel myself lose control of my body again and I leap into the air and I see red electricity take over my arm. I come down hard with an electricity-fueled punch that causes a small shockwave, shaking the street.

I don't know what's up with me right now, I've never done anything like this before, but I am also loving this rush of power and adrenaline I'm feeling. Nightmare slowly gets back and I'm ready for another fight.

"You're angry. Why?"

"None of your business," I say. I start running and kick him in his stomach, making him fly across the street and into a wall. Before he could move, gold energy surrounds him and I see Ricky trying to hold him in place, bending his knees with his glowing hands thrown out.

 Before he could move, gold energy surrounds him and I see Ricky trying to hold him in place, bending his knees with his glowing hands thrown out