13

Nini's POV

I woke up feeling weirdly energetic, more than usual, like there's something inside of me that's making me feel, electric.

As I get dressed my mind circles back to last week at Salt Lake, EJ in the bathroom. We all thought he was acting weird, so I volunteered to check upon him. I feel so bad for him, he blames himself for the accident. But he shouldn't he pushed us out of the way and let himself get hit by that broken roof to save us, he risked his own life for us, if anything we should be thanking him.

But that shock I gave him, I mean, giving someone a shock on accident is normal, what isn't normal is that blue shock came from it, not his skin, but mine. Weird, but he didn't seem to see or notice, maybe it was just my imagination.

I take out my phone and ask Kourtney if we can walk to school. I get dressed, grab my bags, and my songbook, and walk downstairs.

"Hey sweetie, you okay?" Mama C asks. They've been asking me that same question for so long, but I don't blame them, I did get caught in an explosion and was unconscious for a couple days.

"I'm good, I'm meeting Kourtney at her place," I tell them and walk out the house, hearing them telling me to be safe.

I made it to Kourt's house and were walking down the sidewalk, I'm looking in my songbook at the song, Drivers License. I can just imagine this in my head, standing in an audience, singing my heart out, holding that microphone in my face. My only problem is how it would end, with everyone cheering, or everyone booing me off the stage.

"Nini, NINA!" Kourtney yells, finally getting my attention, guess she's been trying to get my attention for a while. "Oh, sorry."

"Imaging singing again?"

I drop my head and nod. I wanna sing, like how she does at Church, but I can't, I feel much better just singing for myself and Kourt.

"You should really sing, it's not that hard," she says.

"Says the girl who's sing for her church."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever girl" Kourtney rolls her eyes and we both share a laugh. "Hey, take a picture for my Instagram" Kourt hands me her phone. She has an Instagram account dedicated to makeup tips. She's one of the best when it comes to makeup and dress-up, She started designing her own clothes when she was three years old...

I take her phone and snap a quick picture and look at it.

"You cute" we both laugh. We begin to cross the street, I made it to the other side, but I noticed that Kourtney wasn't there. I look behind me to see she stopped in the middle of the street, she's probably posting the picture, well, there are no cars around, is she's good.

Suddenly, a car drives up, but the driver doesn't see her, and they don't slow down. It's gonna hit her! No!

"KOURTNEY!!" I scream. Suddenly I feel the energetic energy again, but for some reason, it's increasing.  Something's wrong with my eyes, I feel...blue electricity flowing in my eyes? Why would I feel that? I look down at my phone, there are blue sparks popping out, overcharging it, zapping my phone, something wrong. This scares me so much I drop it.

"Nini, you okay?"

I look to see Kourtney next to me, thank god she's okay. "Yeah, I'm good, but are you okay?" I ask her. "Yeah, the driver stops and I apologized, shouldn't have stopped in the middle of the road."

"Hey, you dropped your phone" she bends down, picking up my phone and handing it to me, hopefully, she didn't see what happened. "Yeah, you scared so much" I lie, well, it was only a half-lie, cause half of it was true cause she did scare me, I guess.