54

EJ's POV

"I'm honestly surprised."

We all circle around each other, looking in every direction, waiting for the moment to strike.

"I'm surprised that you all put up a fight for that much, but remember, you're just children, do you think a girl afraid of singing, a girl with problems opening herself up, a boy with daddy issues, and a boy who cuts himself and gets abused in his old household could actually save the world?"

Nini, Gina, Ricky, and I all share nervous faces. How did he know about this? "It's gonna be okay" I mouth to all three of them, we gotta get through this.

Suddenly, Todd and Ricky's mom pop out the fear toxins, flying into the sky, very high. Both of their eyes glowing. They both combine their powers to blast us all, but I quickly jump in front to create a force field, reflecting their blast to the side.

 They both combine their powers to blast us all, but I quickly jump in front to create a force field, reflecting their blast to the side

"You can't protect them forever," Ricky's mom said. Todd raises out his hands, the fear toxins around the city start blowing in our direction, real hard. My force field takes the form of a wall in front of all of us, protecting us.

I felt myself being blown back, having no choice but to take one foot back. I can't keep this up forever, sooner or later, my force field will drop and we might just lose. I know they don't want me to, but I have no choice at this point.

I need to step up as the leader.

"Lily! Break your spell in me!"

Lily hesitates for a minute, but with a wave of her fingers, my body starts to glow green. With a few green energy cracks, her protection spell on me is broken. I push my force field behind me and with a snap of my fingers, I'm able to turn it into a bubble around my friends.

"NO! EJ DON'T DO THIS!!" Gina screams. I walk up to the force field and place my hand on it, she does the same on her side. "I'm sorry, Gigi, I have to" I give her one smile. I move to Nini and see her starting to cry. "Get on a stage and sing for me," I tell her. She slowly nods her head.

When I make my way to Ricky, I see him fighting the urge to cry, but he's slowly failing. "Don't do this" he whispers.

"Bubba, I don't care if you think no one does, I love you."

I start to walk away and face the new 2 enemies. "Uncle Dennis?" I say into my earpiece.

"Yeah, kid?" His voice sounds shaky, guess they know what I'm gonna do.

"Thank you and Aunt Debby...for being my parents. And Ash?"

"I'm here" she cries. "I love you Ash...so much," I say, my voice cracking.

I walk forward and look at the stone in my hand. It starts to fly into the air but I don't follow, not just yat. Ricky's mom and Todd both look at me confused. "What is he doing?" I hear Ricky's mom ask Todd.