19

Ricky's POV - (Yesterday)

I got home from EJ's house. I feel really bad for him, something tells me he's not gonna be happy.

I walk into the house and surprisingly, Todd isn't there, but my parents were in the living room, as soon as I walk in, they both turn to me. "Ricky, we need to talk to you," dad says. I walk int to the living room only looking at my dad. I feel my mom's glare at me, scaring me.

"Your mom and I have been fighting for a while and I hate seeing how it's affecting you, so..."

"We're getting a divorce, Ricky," my mom says, taking a sip of her drink. 

"I should've done this long ago" I hear dad mumble, not that I'm disagreeing with him. "I have a business trip in a few days so I'm gonna be gone for a couple weeks, but we're gonna find the papers when I get back" my dad explains.

"Oh! O-Ok" Was all I could say now.

Good, they're getting a divorce, my dad doesn't have to be with a cheating, abusive woman, he can be happy with Miss Jenn,  and mom can be out of our lives without having to worry about me. I don't know how this will affect me, but I do know that no matter what happens, I'm staying with my dad, no matter what.

My dad walks upstairs and I quickly follow him, not wanting to be in the same room as mom.

"Come here, Richard," my mom says, but I just ignore her, I already have a lot going on with these sudden powers, I don't wanna get hurt right now.

"Ricky, please go to her," dad says. I let out a small groan and walk back downstairs, my mom staring at me. "Do you know why we're getting a divorce?"

I shake my head but trust me, I have a few ideas, and most of them include her and Toad. She grabs me by my collar almost lifting me off the ground and making me look at her. "It's because of you, you make us so miserable that we can't stand each other now. You split up your parents" she spits, dropping me to the ground.

"Noe, go to your room!"

I run upstairs, shoving past my dad.

"Bud, what's wrong? What did she do?" He asks, but I just slam my door in his face, locking it. I slide my body down the door, and soon enough I hear them start to argue. I feel those little black dots in my eyes start to glow. No stop, stop!

It's your fault.

She said it herself.

You are the reason they're getting divorced.

I pull my knees up to my chest and bury my face.

It's not my fault they're getting divorced...is it?"

--Present time--

!Warning, physical abuse!

I was washing the dishes cause I forgot to this morning, but I stop holding a plate as I become lost in thought. I have powers? Do I really have powers? I remember always wanting to fly when I was a kid, but I just said that cause I knew it wouldn't happen.

And EJ. His panic attack, I haven't seen him like that since he first told me they died. He's always been there for me when I cry, but I've never seen him cry in such a long time. I hope he's gonna take my advice and talk to his Uncle, I really hope he'll be okay.

"Ricky!" My mom yells, scaring me so much I drop the glass plate that was in my hand. It breaks and the shards splatter everywhere. I look up at my mom scared for my life.