27

Ricky's POV

I walk into Big Red's house and I'm greeted by his parents.

"Hi, Ricky," his mom says. His dad smiles and waves at me.

"Hi" I grin waving back. When I was 13, I would sometimes come here when my parents were arguing, now I only come a few times. His parents are super nice and they let me stay here when I want to.

I walk downstairs and see Big Red and Jack playing Fortnite. I knock on the wall and their heads turn to me.

"Before you come any closer, do I need that bat?" Big Red pointing to his bat. I roll my eyes at his comment and walk closer, sitting on the couch. It's silent for a moment and it's very uncomfortable.

"So...explain!" Jack says.

"Before I do. I need you guys to promise that you won't tell anyone about this. This could put you in serious danger."

They hesitantly nod their heads and I start to explain.

"That explosion a while ago gave me superpowers. For the past month, I've been training with EJ, Nini, Gina, and EJ's Uncle to become superheroes."

Both their jaws drop. "Wait. EJ? Gina? Nini?" Big Red asks.

"Yeah, they know too. They actually have powers too. EJ's Uncle trains other superheroes. There are superheroes who train in this gym that I can't take you to, but he's training them and makes their suits."

"How did EJ's Uncle get into this?"

"Um, EJ's parents were superheroes. Captain Power and The Emerald Fire."

Both of their gasps and smile. "You're telling EJ's parents were the 2 greatest superheroes! Is that how he got powers? He was born with them?" Big Red asks.

"No, he wasn't. He got these powers from the explosion like we did."

"Wait...so Lily and Howie?" Jack wonders aloud.

"Yep, they have powers too."

The nod. "Listen to me. The only people outside us who know are EJ's family, including Ashlyn. You cannot tell anyone that I told you. I promised I wouldn't tell anyone about this, I didn't plan to tell you guys but you were in danger. Promise me you won't tell anyone about this."

"We promise."

I spend the rest of the day showing them my powers and my suit. They were surprised, to say the least. I'm so glad that I can trust them, let's just hope they actually come through for me.

____________________________________________________________

Gina's POV - (Next day)

I stare at the clock waiting for the clock to hit 12. It's an early release, a half-day so I wanna see where this day takes me. Only ten more minutes then we can leave.

I look to my side at Carlos and Seb. Carlos was humming a song to himself to keep him awake, Seb had his eyes wide open and was paying attention, I don't know how he can pay attention in this class.

I turn to my other side and look at EJ, he looks cute. His head resting on his hand, his eyes fluttering open when the teacher speaks up, he looks like such a child.

*Ding*

"Have a great rest of the day!" The teacher yells.

Carlos and Seb wait for me to pack up. "Uh, guys" Seb points behind me. We all turn to EJ, his bead is buried in his arms and he was sound asleep, he looks so adorable. "You guys go, I got him," I say and they both walk out.