24

Gina's POV

A while after school, and after a few minutes of choosing something flexible to wear for training, I heard a knock on my door, must be EJ coming to pick me up. I grab my purple heeled boots and walk downstairs to see EJ talking to my mom.

"Hi Mrs. Porter, I'm EJ Caswell, I came to pick up Gina."

"Hey, Eej!" I smile. "Mom, is it okay if I hang out with EJ?"

"Sure, can you please give us a minute, EJ?" My mom asks. EJ nods his head and waits outside to the driveway. She turns around and looks at me with a grin crossing her arms.

"You never told me about him," my mom says, please tell me she doesn't also think I like him like how Nini does, we're just friends, even if hanging with him does make me feel happy. "He's just one of my new friends. Don't worry, he's really nice and sweet and cute...Cool! I mean cool!" I quickly correct myself. Did I just call EJ cute? Why would I do that?

"Honey? Do you like someone?" My mom teases me. I just roll my eyes at her and laugh.

"Can I please just hang out with him for the day?" I ask, tilting my eyes. She still smiles at me, but she does say okay. "By the way, I do approve of him!" My mom says. I roll my eyes and scoff, closing the door.

When I walk up to EJ, I see him staring at me with a goofy grin, making me blush. He's been doing that for a while now, not that I don't like it. "So, smiley, we gonna go?" I laugh, snapping him out of his smiling trance. "Right, hang on" he picks me bridal style and starts super-speeding. I start to scream as I dig my face into his neck.

After a while I feel the running stop, but I keep my face in his neck, he kinda smells nice, wait, did I just smell him?  I hope he didn't feel that.

"We're here" I hear him whisper. I jump out his arms fixing my hair. "Eej, I just did my hair!" I laugh. "Nah, you still look pretty, Gigi," he says making me smile.

"Gigi?"

"Oh, sorry, I just heard Nini call you that, but if you don't want me to-"

"No, it's fine EJ, I was just wondering how you know people call me that, but it's fine, come on."

He chuckles with his wide smile again making my stomach do flips, why does he make me feel like this? We both walk inside to see Ricky and Nini on the couch watching TV, Ricky's curly head laying on her lap. I know they're just friends, but they look like a couple.

EJ's outfit

Ricky's outfit

Ricky's outfit