chapter 91

Sodas pov

I lay on my back and stare up at the ceiling. Everything felt like it was spinning. My head pounded and no matter how many glass of water I drank I still felt the hard stinging in my throat, it begged me to cry.  But I wasn't gonna let myself again.

Pony and two had gone around to the motels we had here to look for y/n, nothing. She'd dipped town. I hated Steve for what he said, but I guess she'd gone and done exactly what he said she would. She left.

I guess this time I don't blame her, that baboon had said some nasty shit to her. She doesn't deal well with conflict like that, living with her dad n shit. Had to be hard to deal with the constant  drinking, screaming and most nights the abuse that came with it.

A sudden knock on the door startles me. Whoever knocked doesn't wait for a response and barges in. Dally. He smelt like sweat and alcohol.

"Man you look like shit." He rubs his face and crooks his head to one side studying me.

"And you smell like it." I mutter cold back. "I thought you went to bucks?"

"Ended up at another greaser party, shit blows so I left. Headed to buck's now." He pulls out a cigarette and lights it. He takes a deep inhale before blowing thr smoke into the air. "You should come." He continues "looks like you need a little distraction right now."

I sit up and lean back on my forearms. I did feel like shit and I guess laying here isn't helping much.

"I just wanna see her Dal."

He sighs. "I know man, I just as hung up on Syl. That broad has done somethin' to me." He slaps my knee. "I know just the thing, cmon."

.....

We stop just outside of bucks house, the loud music blasting through the speakers inside was making the windows shake. I watch as a group of greasers lay out another's ass, they take turns giving him hard blows to the face. I look back at Dally. He's got another cigarette hanging out his mouth and he's digging in his pocket for a lighter.

"Let's head inside." He says finally retrieving the lighter and lighting a flame. "You see Sylvia at all you better tell me." He gives me a hard look.

The way Dal loved Sylvia was the way a junkie loved his crack. Sylvia though, didn't reciprocate those feelings and was basically the town bike. Everyone had their turn with her. (Including Two, who had his fair share of beatings from Dal for that one). Regardless of that Sylvia strung dally along, enjoying the attention from the possessive lovesick boy.

"Yeah sure dal." I walk towards the house, Dal hot behind me. The front door is wide open and as soon as we step inside we're hit with the strong smell of beer, sweat and sex. I cringe a little but Dal takes a deep inhale and dives straight into the party. Not to toot my own horn but I usually bring parties to life without so much as a drop of beer. I never drank much, but tonight I needed a fucking beer.

I push through the crowd and head towards the bar, I sit down and buck does a double take.

"Don't see you here often man, you're Dallys mate ain't ya?" I nod and look around for dal but he's gone. "You're the one who don't drink much. What's different tonight?"

"Just give me the strongest thing you've got man."

Buck eyes me again and smirks. He reachs under the counter and pulls out a big bottle. The cap cracks off and he pours me a hearty shot, along with one for himself.  He downs his like water, I on the other hand cringe and cough. He chuckles and pours me another.

"That'll put some hair on your chest." He turns and walks over to help someone else.

I throw my head back and take the second shot, I didn't cough this time but I still hated the taste. U swivel in the bar seat and look around. Studying my surroundings I recognize Sylvia, she was leaning against a wall talking to some bummy looking greaser. She twirls her hair around and laughs at something he said. I roll me eyes, mediocre. Just wait until dally saw. He'd lose it if he got over there and they were tongue wrestling, which is exactly what they were doing now. I reach over the bar and grab the bottle taking a swig. It burned and my eyes watered a little but it tasted like a sweet distraction.

AN
It's been awhile IM SORRY, a lot has been going on

~Stay gold bitches