chapter 33

Sodas POV

Dear Soda

That letter was beautiful, curtsy of Ponyboy of course. Its hard for me to come back. I love you don't get me wrong, but I just feel like we need a bit of a break. I know you asked Dal if I could stay with him, I really appreciate that. It makes me feel like you do still care. I might try and go back to school or get a job, maybe even both who knows. If I know you, you're probably laying around all day long not eating. Soda please get something to eat, for me. I don't wanna end up dating a skeleton for petes sake.

With all my heart.

Y/n.

I didn't think she would write back. It took a few days for her to write back. I was shocked she even did.

She loved me too, even after what happened. Even after how much of a jerk I was. She loved me. I felt a big goofy smile break out across my face. I shouted one of Steve's loud Indiana calls.

"Soda?! Everything okay?!" Ponyboy and Darry bust through the door.

"Everything is better than okay." I smile.

The look at eachother a little shocked. Then turn back to me smiling. "Soda whats with this new found personality?" Darry takes a step towards me.

"This letter." I hold it up. Ponyboy takes it from me and reads it. A big smile crossing his face as well.

"She wrote back!" He throws his arms around my waist,  squeezing hard.

"I know little buddy! It's all thanks to you." He beams up at me.

"What in devils name are you two talking about?" Darry takes the letter from Ponyboy and skims over it quickly. Then chuckles to himself.

"Well ya better get eating. Ya already look like a skeleton." He states then affectionately punches me in the ribs.

"Well then lets go. I'm hungrier than a spring bear." I break lose of Pony's grasp and walk downstairs, the others hot on my heels.

We walk down to the Dingo. I forgot what fresh air smelt like, it smelt good. We push open the door to the Dingo and the firmiliar sound of the bells rings through the old diner. We ended up sitting at our regular booth.

"Hi there. What can I get for ya?" A firmiliar voice askes. I look up from my menu and see Y/n standing there. God she looked cute in the waitress uniform.

"Y/n?" Ponyboy asks before I can. She looks up from her notepad, a smile breaks out across her face.

"Hey ya'll." She looks at me. "Came to get something to eat huh." She smirks.

"Thought I should, someone told me I might end up looking like a skeleton." I smile.

"Well that person sounds very smart."  She giggles. "So what can I get for ya'll?"

"Chocolate milkshake." Ponyboy answers without hesitation.

"Two." Darry nods.

"Might as well make that three." I smile.

"Okay so three milkshakes and a burger without any pickles." She quickly writes our order down.

"Whos the burger for?" I ask.

"You. I know you like them without pickles. I also know you haven't eaten in a while." She smirks then walks away.

"Its good to see her out." Darry says. "And with a job."

"Yeah." I smile and look down.

"You still love her?" He asks.

"Yeah, I do."