Chapter 81

Sodas POV

Anger boiled inside of me.

Without thinking my fist collided with his face. Everyone else at the diner had stopped eating to look at what was happening. I dragged him out of his seat at the booth and threw him to the floor. I pounded my fists into his head. Blood spurted all over the floor. Two-Bit runs back over and him and Darry manage to pry me off of Steve.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Steve stand up on shaky legs, blood poured from his nose.

"What the hell is wrong with me?!" I shout struggling against Darry. There wasn't a point in fighting, Darry was built like a bodybuilder. "How about your little tantrum!"

"I'm just trying to save you from getting your heartbroken!" 

"By breaking hers?!" 

"I was just trying to help." Steve wipes some of the blood on his sleeve.

"Quite a fine job you've done."  I retort sarcastically. "Steve Randle to the rescue everyone!" 

"Guys c'mon." Ponyboy quietly says.

My heart sank. I looked over at Ponyboy, his eyes wide and shocked. I needed to get out of there and clear my head. I finally broke free of Darry's grasp and walked over to the diner exit. 

"Where the hell you goin man?" Steve shouts after me.

"Away from you." I stuff my hands into my pocket, my knuckles were stinging but I didn't care. I needed time away from Steve, maybe find Y/n and talk with her. 

Hopefully I didn't make the wrong decision.

A/N 

How's everyone's summer?

~Stay Gold Bitches