Chapter 88

Y/n POV

"Sweetie you look tired why don't you lay down for a while?" Aunt Carol hands me a cup of tea. I stifle a yawn so she won't force me to bed. 

"No no I'm fine." She sits down on the couch next to me and I curl next to her. 

"So you didn't spend much time with your dad then huh?"

I scoff and that's the only response she needed. She exhales. "Sounds about right."

"It's alright though, I stayed with the Curtis' like I used to." 

"Oh how nice!" She exclaims. "last I saw those boys weren't too hard on the eyes." She winks at me. 

"Gross." I scrunch my nose up. 

In all fairness she wasn't wrong. Did I really make the right choice? Right now I didn't think so.

"Aunt Carol?"

"Yes hun?" She braids my hair. 

"I think I made a mistake." I look up at her and she drops my hair. 

"What do you mean Y/N?"

"I don't think I should have left Tulsa." I feel tears in my eyes. "I should have stayed."

"Oh honey." She pulls me into a hug. "You couldn't have known your dad would be like this. It is not you're fault." 

"That's not-"

"He was always like this even as kids. He only cared about himself."

I sigh. "Thanks aunt carol." What was the point of trying. She pulls away from me and kisses my head. The oven beeps.

"Ah cookies are done." She smiles and rushes to the kitchen.

I felt a ball of guilt building up in my stomach. I shouldn't have left.

The doorbell rings and my aunt walks over to it. 

"Hello?" Her voice was muffled but I could sort of make out what she was saying. 

"Y/n." She walks back into the living room smiling. "Someone is here for you." I get up to go see who is at the door and she pulls me aside and whispers "And hes very cute." In a sing song voice.

I roll my eyes at her with a smile but I felt butterflies. I pull the front door open and who was standing there wasn't who I thought it would be...