chapter 23

Your POV

"See I told you you would look nice." Johnny shoots me a look of triumph in the mirror.

"I don't know Johnny. Doesn't it seem a little much to you?" I cock my head and look at my reflection.

I was wearing a floor length royal blue dress with a slit in the side. My hair was slightly curled and I only had on a little bit of make up, Soda didn't think I needed to wear a lot.

"Are you kidding you look amazing." He beams up at me.

"Thanks Johnnycakes." I pull him into a hug. I pull away and take a deep breath in.

"Nervous?" He pushes his hair out of his eyes.

"A bit I guess." I look at my feet.

"Don't stress. I've seen the way you and him look at eachother, he really likes you."

"I really like him too, thats why I'm nervous. " I look up. "Him and I have been best friends for years. I'm scared I'm going to fall to in love with him and he's going to hurt me or that I'm going to hurt him."

"He won't ever hurt you with me around." He jokes which makes me smirk. "It would kill him if he ever hurt you, and the same goes for you." 

I smile softly.  Johnny was right I never want to hurt him on purpose and I know he would never want to hurt me on purpose.

"Now go get your man." He winks at me and holds up my pair of sliver heels.

Rolling my eyes I sit on the bed and pull on my shoes. When I finish Johnny offers me his hand and helps pull me up. He leads me down the stairs, my heels clicking against to wood.

"Y/n?!" Two-Bit jumps up from his spot on the floor, knocking over a few empty beer bottles in the process. He stumbled a little so clearly he was drunk.

"Hiya Two." I say cheerfully.

"Don't you look nice doll." Dally walks in the living room and looks me up and down. "Maybe you could ditch Soda and we could-"

"Kids are present Dal." Darry grumbles from his recliner.

Dally mumbles something under his breath and storms out.

"Where is ol' Pepsi-cola anyways?" I flop next to Pony who is on the couch reading some sappy book I lent him.

"Ran out the door shouting about forgetting something." Ponyboy turns my way without taking his eyes off his book.

"Well he better hurry up or else I'll take Dally up on his offer." I joke earning a chuckle from everyone except Steve.

"Jesus Y/n you're just itching to go out with Dally aren't you?" Steve scoffs.

"Steve.."

"No don't Steve me. You don't understand how much that boy has been through, how much that boy has been broken and hurt, so badly that no one would understand. And now you waltz in thinking you own everything. Well guess what he's probably out there falling in love with you and you're here flirting with his friends. So if yo-"

"Don't you dare talk about people being broken because I know what thats like, dont talk about people being hurt because I know what thats fucking like. You think I got these for shits and giggles?" I pull back the slit in my dress to reveal the faded bruises along my leg, the gangs eyes go wide I even hear Johnny take in a deep breath.

"And if you even think for the slightest fucking second that I don't care about that boy then you're wrong on so many levels. I got a news flash for ya Steve, I'm in love with him too and I would have no idea what I would do with out him." Tears were threatning to fall now so I quickly wipe them away.

"Y/n-" Steve begins but is cut off by the front door slamming.

"Im here!" Soda walks in with a bouquet of roses, he notices me there and his eyes sweep down me.

"You look incredible." He beams at me.

I walk over to him and throw my arms around him kissing his cheek. "And you look handsome."

He studys my face. "Babe were you crying?" He runs his thumb underneath my eye.

"No um I'm fine." I lied. He smiles softly amd kisses my forehead.
The gang walks us out to the porch and waves goodbye to us as we walk down the drive way.

"Don't wait up." Soda calls over his shoulder chuckling.

He opens the car door for me and helps me in. I look out the window and my eyes instantly lock with Steve's I quickly look away.

"Have fun." He shouts after us.

And with that we drive down the road.

A/n

Sorry for the long chapter!

~Stay Gold bitches