chapter 57

Your POV

My eyes flutter open, adjusting to the bright sunlight pouring into the bland room. I sit up slowly and stretch, I glance over quickly at Johnny who is deep within a trance like slumber. I get up and stand at the side of his bed.

"Oh Johnny." I sigh pushing his hair back.

The door creaks open and the clicking of heels signals someone entered the room. They stop dead in their tracks and I turn around.

Alison stands there with wide eyes.

"Hi." She folds her hands together.

"Hi." I answer.

She walks over and sits in the chair on the other side of Johnnys hospital bed.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, I don't look at her.

"I've been visiting him for a while now." I take his hand in mine.

She nods.

"why are you here?" I look up at her this time her dark eyes looking down at Johnny. "You've never shown love towards him."

She doesn't answer.

"So now you're not going to speak? Johnny is the sweetest kid I have ever met, and I've met a lot of people. He deserves so much more than what you're giving him, he deserves so much more then anyone can give him. But because he is the way he is he will never say anything."

I felt tears prickle my eyes and I choke them back. "He never told me but I just knew he still loved you after all the shit you out him through, he still-"

"I know." She cuts me off. "I've been a shitty mother. I was never there for him, I know. But I'm trying to be now. You think I like seeing Jonathan hurt like that? I don't, it pains me to come home to find a new bruise or cut on his face."

"You've never been there. You acted as if it was his fault this was happening. You were never fucking there when he needed you. What don't you understand about that?" A few tears slide down my face.

"I was afraid." She hands me a kleenex and grabs one herself.

"Afraid of what?"

"Jonathan." She watchs her hands as she fiddles with the tissue.

"W-what?"

"His father hurt me, emotionally and physically. Jonathan was far to young to remember but he would scare me. Once I came home late, we got into a heated argument. I tried to leave but he grabbed me and wraped his hands around my throat, using enough force to lift me off the ground. I clawed at him, trying to break his grip.  He threatened to keep tightening his hands and watch all the life leave my body unless I stayed."

"I don't understand how that relates to Johnny."

"He stared growing up, looking like the spitting image of him." She continues. "Yet he was the complete opposite. Johnathan was caring and compassionate. But I had always feared he would grow up just like his father, a disgusting bastard. I started drinking and leaving for days at a time just to get away from my delusions, I knew that would never happen and yet it felt so real." She smiles sadly at Johnny. "I always wanted to be a mother, to have my own child."

I look down at Johnny. His breathing a steady pace.

"I just don't want to loose him before I could make things right."

At that moment I knew what I needed to do.

"Alison.. I may know a way we can fix all this."

She looks at me hopeful.

"You just need to hear me out."

A/n

So a few people messaged me and said they would want to read a Jally fanfic soo it seems so far thats what I'm writing next alomg with the mystery fanfic which no one has guessed yet by the way.

~Stay Gold Bitches