chapter 34

Your POV

It did hurt a little to see him here. I still do love him. But we are just friends right now, maybe one day it will be more than that only time can tell.

"Here ya go, three chocolate milkshakes and one burger with no pickles." I take their orders off the platter that was balanced skillfully in my hand.

"Thanks love." Soda says and I felt myself blush a little.

"Enjoy guys." I head to the backroom.

"Who are they?" Some girl named Catherine asked, who I have come to dislike by the way.

"Friends." I shrug.

"And whos the cutie in the flannel?" She eyes Soda amd felt a pang of jealousy in my stomach.

"Also a friend."

"Well duh. But whats his name?" She persists.

"Sodapop." I hesitate.

"What a dumb name." She giggles.

"I happen to like it." I snap.

"Jeez calm yourself." She scoffs.

"I am calm. You're the one who is making fun of one of best friends names."

"Just date him already why don't ya." She says earning giggles from the others working in the backroom.

"I already have and plan on it again. So you can shut the hell up Catherine." I shout then storm out.

"You can't just leave!" She calls after me.

"Oh yeah? Watch me!" I toss my apron to the floor.

I push open the door, walk into the parking lot and sit down on a curb with a huff. I pull out my cigarettes, a habit I had just recently taken up. I take a long drag of of my cigarette and blow the smoke out of the side of my mouth.

"You smoke now?" I look up and see Soda standing there.

"Oh, uh yeah." He smirks and sits beside me. He takes it and places it in his mouth. He cringes then puts it out on the pavement then flicks it away.

"I already have to deal with all my friends smoking. I don't need you doing it too."

"You smoke Soda." I point out.

"For different reasons." He shrugs.

"Oh? And what are those reasons exactly?"

"To speed up the process."

"What process." I look at him.

"Death." He answers numbly.

"Soda. That is no way you should be talking." I study his face which shows no signs of emotion.

"Yeah I know." He picks at a piece of grass.

"You never told me you had depression." I watch his hands.

"Steve tell you?" He looks at me, I don't answer. "I figured he would."

"So why didn't you?"

"Its not really something you tell a lot of people." He sighs.

"Whats it like?" I ask after a while. He chuckles sadly.

"Like you're stuck underwater, slowly drowning. While everyone else around you is breathing. That my dearest Y/n, is what depression is like."