chapter 51

Sodas POV

I didn't know how much over the speed limit I was going but I didn't care. Over the phone Y/n sounded panicked and that made me drive even faster. I got to the hospital in record time, I was surprised I hadn't gotten pulled over.

Y/n was in the waiting room pacing around and biting her nails, Ponyboy was sitting in an oversized chair,  bouncing his leg, something he did when he was nervous. The both looked  anxious.

When Y/n sees me she trys to give me a small smile. Wet tear stains ran down her face. Ponyboy got to me first, his arms were quickly wraped around my torso. Small sniffles emanated from him.

"Hey little buddy, its okay." I coo pushing his hair back.

I gesture at Y/n for her to come here and she obeys shuffling over. I wrap my arms around her as well.

"What happened?" I finally ask. A small sob escapes Ponyboy's lips.

"Johnny has internal bleeding." Y/n burys her face in the crook of my neck. "He's going into surgery tonight."

"Baby I'm sorry." Is all I can mumble out.

"And we can't see him until tomorrow night." Y/n sobs, "I won't know if hes okay."

"He's gonna be okay."

"Why do you think that?" She pulls away from me and crosses her arms.

"I just know he will be."

"How can you be so sure?" She snaps, tears were flooding to her eyes but she refused to let any fall.

"Whats gotten into you?" I ask softly, "you were so positive a few days ago."

"Whats gotten into me? I'll tell you what. I'm sick and I'm tired and I'm worried. I love him Soda, more than I can even say. Johnny has become my family and one of my best friends." The tears are falling by now. "I just can't stand the thought of loosing him."

We are all quiet for a moment, even the people waiting have stopped to listen in on what was happening.

Ponyboy breaks from me and tightly squeezes Y/n. She smiles sadly and hugs him back.

"He won't leave knowing how much it will hurt you." He whispers to her.