chapter 4

Your POV

The cab ride was long and uncomfortable, the drive kept trying to spark up a conversation,

"so how come you're headed to Oklahoma?" He asked when we were about half an hour away to Tulsa.

"I'm moving there." I answered dully.

"Oh wow, that'll be a big change, huh?"

"Yeah." I say quietly looking out the window.

The sun was setting making the sky light up with different colors,

"Wow." I didn't relize I had said it out loud until the driver started talking,

"yes sir re. Bet you don't get sunsets like that in New York."

"No, nothing like that."

The rest of the ride is silent, I didn't really feel like talking, so I started day dreaming. I'm not gonna take my fathers shit anymore, I'm old enough to stand up for myself now, he'll probably have a thing or two to say when he finds out I dropped out of school.

"Welcome to Tulsa Oklahoma." He says which pulls me out of my train of thought. It was just a long dirt road that went on forever.

"This is it?" I ask confused.

"Technically yes, but the town is a little ways away." He answers matter of factly.

He goes on about the history of this place and how it came to be. But I've started dozing off with my head leaning against the cold glass.

I wake up with a sudden jolt. "Okie dokie here we are." He puts the car in park. There it is, my childhood home. It looks about the same, except in worse condition.

"Thanks." I mumble getting out of the cab. Right away I'm hit witha gust of cold air, instantly regretting wearing shorts today. The driver pops the trunk and helps me take all my stuff out.

"Bye kid." He shouts out the window and drives away, leaving me on the side of the road shivering.

"Hello?" A shy voice says behind me. I turn and see a boy with dark skin and hair that falls in front of his eyes.

"Hey, I'm Y/n." I stick out my hand with a smile. He hesitates at first then takes it.

"I'm Johnny, I'm guessing your moving in." He gestures at my suitcases. "Oh, yeah I-" I begin but then get cut off by a boy who looks to be around the same age as Johnny come barreling towards us.

"Hi, I'm Ponyboy, an that over there is my older brother." He nods his head towards the car where a boy the same steps out. His hair is a golden almost wheat colour that is a little longer and falls just above his chin.  He smiles, he sure as hell was handsome and strangely firmiliar.

My eyes grow wide, "Sodapop?"