chapter 59

Your POV

I couldn't wipe the huge grin off my face for the rest of the day. Or the next day after that.

"After your surgery, we're gonna to get our own house, and you can do whatever you want." I whisper to Johnny, squeezing his hand. "Within reason of course."

Today was the big day of the surgery and the results could make or break me. I was nervous as all hell but could never let that show.

"I promise kid, I'm going to give you the life you've always deserved." I kiss his forehead just as a doctor came in.

"Do you need a few minutes?" The middle aged man asks with a warm smile.

"No I'm okay." I stand up and stretch. "Please take care of him."

"Of course." He smiles and rolls him out.

I sigh and shuffle to the waiting room where the whole gang waits.

"Amd now we wait." I smile softly as I plop into a chair and drape my legs across Soda's lap.

"You okay?" Darry leans over to look at me.

"Just tired."

"You're not worried?" Steve asks.

"Course I'm worried, thats my brother. You just have to think positive thoughts." I flaten out my skirt. "There is a 70% chance he's not going to make it out of the operation room, which scares me shitless. But then there is a 30% he will live to see another day, which is what I chose to focus on."

"That 30%?" Dally makes a face, I could tell he was just as nervous as I was. Maybe even more.

"That 30%." I nod.

A/n

Sorry for the late update!! I was working on a school project.

~Stay Gold Bitches