chapter 19

Your POV

During breakfast the guys were acting all wired, I asked them about it but they said everything was fine. I chose to ignore them and just focus on eating.

Until Steve cleared his throat and did a few gestures at Soda,  who rolled his eyes in response.

"Okay what the hell is going on?" I cross my arms and look between the two.

"Nothing." They all say in unison.

"Oh my god, what is it? And don't just say nothing cause I ain't dumb." I quirk an eyebrow.

"Soda needs to talk to you!" Johnny shouts quickly.

All eyes turn to him, blazing.

"Sorry." He looks back down at his plate.

"Okay whats up Sodapop?" I put my fork down and fold my hands together looking at him.

Everyone turns to him, he flushes red.

"Come with me." He mumbles and drags me away from the table by the wrist, we are followed by the gangs protests.

"Ow! Soda I'd like to keep my hand on please." I giggle as he pulls me out to the front porch.

"Shit sorry." He lets go and I rub my wrist.

"So what did you wanna talk about?"

He takes in a ragged breath.

"Y/n we've known each other for a while now and we're really great friends, so with that, well maybe we um, so do you think-"

I cant help but giggle. "Jeez Soda you've got yourself a very bad habit of rambling. Just get to the point already my breakfast is getting cold."

"Hey don't rush me here, this is already hard enough." He laughs then takes a deep breath in. "Y/n."

"Soda."

"I like you and it has come to my attention that I may like you a little more than a friend would, hell a lot more then a friend would and it would mean the absolute world to me if you could tell me you feel the same as I do, because honestly I don't know what I could do without you here by my side. So will you be my girl Y/n?" He looks at me with hopeful eyes.

"Soda I-" I start. I was for the first time ever at a loss for words.

"No, never mind forget I said anything." He sighs cutting me off.

Before he can walk into the house I grab his shirt and pull him against me. Our lips crash together, from inside the house we could hear the gang cheering.

He flips them off grinning, which makes me laugh.

"Does that answer your question?"

"Yeah, I think it does." He beams down at me and engulfed me in a hug.