chapter 6

Your POV

I still couldn't believe I had just reconnected with my elementary school friends, Darry was nice enough to let me and Johnny stay over. I was glad we didn't have to go home, guess somethings don't change.

"Here thought you might need these." Soda hands me a pile of blankets, our hands touch for a moment sending a tingling feeling up my spine.

I turn away I knew I was blushing. He was a little too.

"Thanks." I set them down on the couch.

It was later at night, Steve and Two-Bit went out hunting some action, as they put it.

I collapse on the couch letting out a sigh of relief, Soda sits down beside me,

"long day?" Is all he says, and I nod.

"Extremely." You answer which makes him smile. "This is crazy, I mean what are the odds my step brother is good friends with the people I grew up with." I lay my head against the back of the couch.

"Wheres Dallas?" I turn my head towards him and catch him staring. He quickly looks away blushing.

"Oh Dally, well you know ol' Dall, always getting into trouble somehow. He was thrown in the cooler a today.

"Oh." Is all I said.

"Don't worry to much about Dall, he'll find a way to get out early. He's smarter then people peg him for." He runs a hand through his hair.

"Well I should probably go and let you get some sleep." He says.

"I'm not really tired, but if you are.."

"I'm fine." He smirks.

We ended up talking and laughing the night away, it was amazing how easily he could make me smile.

"Jesus, look at the time." I say grabbing a water from the refrigerator, "I didn't think it was this late, I thought it was only-"

I stopped because when I turned around Soda was passed out on the couch. Snoring slightly, I sit back down and watch him sleep, not in the creepy way, more in a curiosity way.

I watched the slow rise and the heavy fall of his chest. He looked awfully peaceful when he slept and younger too.I had started falling asleep aswell.

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs, Darry was cooking breakfast. A warm blanket was laid over me.

"Hey you're awake." Darry said noticing I was awake now.

"What time is is?" I ask groggily,

"almost 8:30."

"You could have woke me up, I would have helped with breakfast." I stretch my arms above my head, and yawn.

Before Darry can answer, Soda walks into the house with Steve and Two-Bit.

"Told ya it wasn't a dream." Soda says points at me and chuckling.

"Oh shit. Hey Y/n. sorry I was pretty messed up last night." Two-Bit says apologetically.

"It's okay Two." I answer sleepily.

"Good news Darry, we went to visit Dally and he said he's getting let out today." Soda says sneaking a piece of bacon, and hopping up on to the counter. "I was gonna go pick him up tonight."

"I'll come." He looks at me, "if thats okay." He smiles.

"Sure thing, I was gonna go get him around 3."