chapter 82

Your POV

Maybe I was being a little dramatic. 

Or maybe I wasn't. 

Steve had not only completely humiliated me in front of my best friends but also everyone I worked with and everyone inside the diner trying to enjoy their meal. I was overwhelmed with so many emotions. I wasn't sure how to feel. I care about Steve, and up until now I thought he cared about me too. 

But the things he said really made me think. 

Were we rushing into this?

Was it too soon?

Will I leave him like Sandy?

Truth be told I've never thought about leaving Soda, not again. Everything he is, is everything I have ever wanted. I have never truly felt a deeper connection with anybody. When we were children Soda was my best friend and leaving him was the hardest. Back then I never truly knew how I felt about him. 

My mind reeled. I feared what would happen to us. Steve thought it was too soon and Darry Obviously had his doubts, did everyone feel this way? 

My heart hurt more than my head did at this point. I didn't know where I was going to go, so I wandered around the streets. The sun was slowly setting and I didn't want to be out for much longer, lord knows what happens to girls who are alone on the street, especially in this part of town. 

But I couldn't go back. I couldn't face them all. Not even Soda. Not after this. 

Soda was my first love. My first true love. And before he came into my life I never knew what true love felt like. When he smiles I get butterflies, When he touches me I get goosebumps and when he looks at me, everyone and everything in the world is gone and it's just us. Soda has taught me to love and to be loved. 

Soda was my first true love.

And when you truly love something,

You have to let it go.  

A/N 

Sorry it's been awhile. Hopefully you had a great summer! :) 

~Stay Gold Bitches