chapter 55

Johnny's surgery was postponed until tomorrow which only added to the anticipation. I was only two days ago I had gotten the adoption papers and had been completely avoiding getting them signed by his parents.    

 No, I won't be afraid. Oh, I won't be afraid, Just as long as you stand. Stand by me.  I hum the tune softly to Johnny's limp body. His hand cold in mine.   

"I love that song." I turn around and see the familiar face of nurse Sandra.

" It's one of my favorites." I smile softly.

"you're here a lot huh?" She sets a cup of coffee on the side table next to me. I nod a thank you.

"He's my brother." I push some of his hair out of his eyes.

"If you wouldn't  mind me asking, but why do you care for him so much? The blood tests show you two aren't even blood related."

"I know what he has had to live with. My father is a horrible man, and Johnny never deserved that."

"you're welcome to stay here overnight." she rest a hand on top of mine. "some other lady had been staying here for a few nights as well."

My head quickly shoots up.

"who has been staying here?"  

"A lady named Alison. She said she was related to him."

Alison.

 A/n

yo wussup have a bit of homework tonight so its a little short, sorry.

~Stay Gold Bitches