chapter 5

Sodapop POV

How the hell did she know my name? Thats when it hits me like a truck, god I was so stupid for not realizing before.

"Y/n?" I ask unsure, she nods.

"Holy shit, Y/n!" A smile breaks out on her face.

She rushes over, my arms open wide, I hug her lifting her off the ground and spin her around. She laughs, god how I missed that laugh, I set her down.

"Am I missing something?" Ponyboy asks, he looked at me like I was off my nut.

"Ponyboy this is y/n, she used to live here." I answer sliging my arm around her shoulder, "she had to move like ten years ago."

"I was just thinking about you guys yesterday." She says smiling, gosh she sure was pretty. "I can't believe its been 10 years."

"The guys! They'll wanna see you, c'mon." I pick up her suitcase and toss it into the trunk, hoping I didn't break anything.

"So wait how do you two know eachother?" Johnny asks from the back seat.

"We used to go to school together and hang out at his house all the time with the others." She answers. "Its crazy to see you Pony, now that im thinking about it. You were only three last time I saw you. And look at you now almost a grown man." She smiles at him in the rear view mirror.

I can't help but notice he blushes when she says that, which makes me smirk.

She had long chestnut hair that was perfectly curled, freckles dotted her nose. I wouldn't admit this now but she sure as hell was gorgeous.

"Here we are." I park the car right outside the front gate.

"Wow." She breathes, she is looking out the window at the house.

"What?" I ask smiling, she faces me. "Its just like I remember."

Just as she says that Steve rips the front door wide open and shouts, "hey, look Pepsi-colas back!!" He was clearly drunk.

I get out the car and open the the car door for Y/n.

"Thanks." she hops out and smiles at me.

"Whooaa, check out the chick Soda picked up this time!" His eyes sweep over her, I feel somthing like jealousy in the pit of my stomach, but ignore it.

"Hey Steve." She walks up to him and throws her arms around him. "What the- Y/n?!" He says suddenly sober, "holy, I hardly recognized you." She giggles.

Ponyboy walks over with her suitcase, "thanks kid." She takes it from him as Johnny brings her in the house, leaving the still shocked Steve standing on the porch.

We get inside and the smell of beer hits me.

"How much did you guys drink?" Ponyboy asks laughing.

"Just enough." Two-Bit says winking at Y/n, "so you must be the sister, well why don't you come on over here baby and we-"

"Matthews! There are children here." Darry shouts from the kitchen.

"Damnit, Darry must you always ruin the fun?" Two-Bit sulks.

"Keith Mathews. I've waited a long time to hear one of your cheesy pick up lines again." Y/n places her hands on her hips.

"Two-Bit look whos here!" Steve runs in and places a hand on her shoulder. "Its the little firecracker herself."

"Y/n?" Two-Bit squints up at her as if trying to focus his vision.

"Y/n?" Darry walks in.

"Well, well look who it is little Darrel Curtis. Jesus you ain't so little anymore." She remarks looking at his arms, which could crush a watermelon with ease.

He smiles then hugs her. "Yeah still big enough to beat you in a wrestling match." He tells her when he lets her go.

"We'll see." She answers flopping on the couch next to Two-Bit, who is still trying to focus his vision. "Just call me Two-Bit now, its what I go by." He says leaning against the back of the couch.

"So you okay with sleeping on the couch?" I asked sitting beside her.

"Yeah, no problem." She answers smiling. Man she sure was something, I was slowly forgetting about the letters I had gotten,
Returned and unopened from Sandy, with each passimg moment I spent looking at her.