Part 74

Your POV

The moon was full tonight, the lush fall air blows gently across my face making me shiver, I pull sodas sweater closer around me. The crisp leaves crunch underneath my feet each time I take a step. I ended up walking all the way down to a shallow creek we lived by.

I just needed to get out of the house, maybe I was a little dramatic. I shouldn't have reacted that way. I should go back and talk about it.

Soda wouldn't lie to me. Right?

I loved him and there wasn't much that could change that. He knew things about me that I'm too afraid to share with anyone else. I needed to go back.

I felt terrible.

As I turn around to walk back, a tall figure slams into me lifting me right off the ground and into their arms. Just by the familiar scent of pine and gasoline I knew exactly who it was.

"I'm soo sorry baby." I say pressing my head into the crook of his neck.

"shhh its okay honny." He squeezes me tighter.

"I was just scared you were gonna leave me."

"What?!" He holds me in arms length, "quit talkin like that cause it ain't gonna happen, you're stuck with me."

I roll my eyes playfully "ohh greatt."

He kisses my forehead and gives me a big hug, pulling me into him. "I really love you."

"I love you too babe." I answer smiling up at him.

"Which is why." He pulls away and gets down to one knee. "Y/n.."

My heart just dropped.