chapter 36

Your POV

I flop onto the bed and let out a sigh of relief. I was glad to change out of that bloody uniform. It was the most uncomfortable thimg I've ever worn in my entire life.

"Long day?"  Johnny chuckles looking up from his sketch pad.

"Extremely." I crawl over and sit beside him, sneaking a quick peek at his drawing. Johnny was really artistic and could actually draw beautifully.

"Thats gonna turn out nice." I smile at his drawing. It wasn't even near completion.

"I have barely started." He replies with a smile.

"Well all your drawings turn out nice." I call over my shoulder as I leave the room. I head downstairs where Dally is talking to Buck in a low rushed tone.

"Hey ya'll." I hop up onto a bar stool. They barely even look my way. "What ever happened to respecting the ladies." I joke grabbing a beer from a nearby case.

"Sorry Y/n. But there is talk of a rumble." Dally turns to me.

"Theres always talk of a rumble." I take a swig from the bottle.

"This time they ain't kidding. Them damn Socs. Who the hell the think the are." Buck tosses his hands up in the air exasperated.

"When is this?" My eyes bouncing from one to the other.

"Saturday. This Saturday." Dally grabs my beer and takes a sip.

"Well good thing I'm off that day."

"You ain't fightin." Dal says sternly.

"Oh yeah? And why not." I snatch my beer back.

"You could get hurt." He shrugs acting as if it is nothing.

"So?"

"So you ain't fightin. Thats that."

"Thats your reason? I could get hurt." I chuckle coldly. "Thats  dumb."

"No its not."

"Yes it is Dal. I've been in fights before. Nasty ones too. Got hauled into jail once." I finish off my beer.

"Well you are some professional then huh." He teases. Which makes me even more mad.

"Shut your trap Dal." I slam my bottle onto the counter and storm out the door.

His laugher silences behind me.