chapter 25

Sodas POV (Part two)

"Soda can I ask you something?"

"Anything love." I squeeze her hand and she nods.

"Who's Sandy?" My breath caught in my throat.

When I don't answer she looks up at me, the pale light hitting her eyes.

"How did-"  I begin but she cuts me off.

"Two-Bit was drunk one night and called me Sandy, and said that he was happy you finally found someone like me, or like Sandy."

"Oh." Is all I can get out.

"So who is she?"

"My old friend." I sigh.

"Did you love her?" She looks back down.

Did I love her? I didn't know how to answer her so I walk silently.  Y/n pulls her hand out of mine and walks faster. I run next to her and grab her shoulders making her face me.

"I will never stop loving you. If you leave me now you'll rip my heart out and destroy everything I have ever wanted." Before she can answer I grab her face and kiss her, slowly she melts into the kiss and kisses me back.

"I love you."  I mumble into her lips. "I love you so much Y/n."

"I love you too." I can't help but smile when she says it back. We pull apart and stand there smiling like idiots.

I pull her back to the car place a kiss on her forehead. She pops in my Elvis Presley CD and we sing all the way home.

"Anyone home?" I shout in the house opening the front door. When I don't get an answer we walk into the dining room and
Y/n hops up onto the counter.

I walk over to the fridge and pull out a coke. When I notice a note taped to the fridge thats written in Darry's chicken scratch.

Y/n and Sodapop

I got called into work tonight and won't be home until later.
The rest of the gang went out to catch a movie, then went to the Dingo they said you're welcome to join them.

-Darry

I toss the note onto the table and stand on front of Y/n. I place my hands on her hips and smirk up at her.

"House is empty." She wraps her arms around my shoulders and kisses me passionately. I lift her off the counter and carry her to my bedroom.