chapter 85

Sodas POV

I squeezed my eyes shut expecting the bang. But it never comes.

I peak my eyes open and see Paul slamming his hand against the pistol.

"Fucking thing is jammed." Paul curses.

Now, I may be dumb. But Sodapop Curtis is NOT an idiot.

I take off sprinting in the other directon. My shoes pounding against the pavement. My hair flying in the wind.

The shouts of the Socs chase after me. They weren't far behind.

"Get back here greaser!"

"We ain't finished with you yet!"

I ignore them. Running as hard and as fast as I could.

Ponyboy was the track runner in the family. Not me, but when my ass was on the line I ran like the devil was after me.

I climb over fences and crawl under the ones I can't. The Socs still hot in my heels.

Where do I go?

I think to myself. I had no clue all I knew was Darry would kill me if I ripped my new jeans.

So I kept running. Looking for every possible chance to lose them, but of course the were persistent and kept coming.

I knew if I stopped they'd have their fun.

Just then I slam into someones rock hard chest and fall on my butt. The Socs skid to a halt behind me.

I look up and see my chiseled brother Darry.

"Darry you big oaf. I've been wondering when you'd come save me."

Dally, Two-Bit and Pony are all spread out behind Darry. Two-Bit swaying a little and holding a beer bottle. Of course.

"Hey y'all." I say smirking still on the ground.

"Look who it is." One of the Socs chimes in. "Dallas Winston."

"You get the gift I left for y'all." Dally smirks with a dart hanging out the side of his mouth.

"You fuckin-." The blonde soc starts but is pulled back by another. His sudden outburst delights Dally.

I get up and brush dirt off my pants.

"Your greaser friend was on our territory." Paul points at me.

"I wasn't causin any trouble." I stagger back next to Pony and punch his arm lightly. "Hey kid." I whisper to him.

He ignores me trying to maintain his tough guy attitude.

"Rules are rules. And when one of you dirty pieces of white trash come over here something's gotta be done."

"What did you just call us?!" Two-Bit perks up suddenly sober.

"Two dont." Darry warns.

"I said, white. Trash." Paul smirks.

Two-Bit smashes the bottom of his beer bottle and holds it towards the Socs. "Wanna say that again pretty boy."

And with that everyone's switch blades come out. All pointed at someone on the opposite side.

Without warning Darry grabs Paul by the shirt and slugs him in the mouth. Dally is quick to join in and grabs another.

"Get back Ponyboy." I push him away before being dragged in myself.

I punch and kick not really sure who I'm punching or kicking.

This goes on for awhile. Before we hear the firmiliar sound of sirens.

"Its the fuzz!" Ponyboy shouts.

We all immediately know what to do. We untangle ourselves and once again sprint away.

Fuck I hate running.

A/n

Whattttt two updates in one day?!

~Stay Gold Bitches