chapter 40

Your POV

It took everything in me not to run in there and fight. I knew they would get mad if I got even the slightest scratch. So I sat there and fidgeted with my jacket sleeve. At least I could keep an eye on the gang, in case Johnny or Pony needed help.

I don't remember what came over me but as soon as I saw someone knock Johnny to the ground everything started moving in slow motion. I swerve through everyone else careful not to get in the way. I grabbed the guys madras jacket and shove him off.

Johnny quickly got back up and stood next to me. Boy did he look rough, blood was seeping through his shirt and a bruise was starting to form around his eye. He looked dazed.

"Whats this? Your mommy had to come save you?" The guys chuckles spitting blood on the ground.

To silence his laugher I hit him square in the jaw with a locked fist. He reels back and looks at me surprised.

"I'm his sister ass wipe."

He slaps me hard across the face and lunges forward taking me down, the wind is knocked out of me and I lay there gasping for breath. He hits me across the face a few times then is pulled off of me.

The world starts to sways and I feel extremely light headed. Someone shouts my name but it's muffled. That's all I remembered from the rumble, because right after that happened everything went black.

Beeping. Thats all I could hear. The repetitive and annoying beeping. My eyes flutter open, it takes me a moment to figure out where I am, a hospital room.

I look around, there is a heart monitor to my left, guess that solves where the beeping was coming from. And to my right there is a bedside table with an assortment of medication.

The door clicks open and a middle aged nurse walks in. She didn't notice I was awake, she just walked over checked my stats then left.

Man was my head pounding. I search my scalp for any bumps and found a large one at the back of my head. The door opens again and this time a different nurse walks in carryimg a tray of food. She was an older lady with brown curly hair, she had a sparkling smile plastered across her face.

"Well hello dear. What might your name be love?" She sets the tray down on my bedside table.

"Y/n." My throat was dry. As of sensing that she hands me a cup of water. I sip on the room temperature beverage.

"You have a group of fine looking men here to visit you dearie." She sits on the end of my bed. "One of them your boyfriend?"

"Kinda we're on a break right now."

"Oh, what a pity. Which one is he?" She adjusted the pillow behind my head.

"The one in fannel." I set my empty cup back on the tray.

Her smile seems to get a little bigger. If that was even possible.

"Well dear he seemed extra eager to see you. Kept asking us if you were awake, how you were doing, if you were okay. He didn't sit down once, kept pacing around the waiting room." She chuckles.

I felt myself blush.

"Whats his name love?"

"Sodapop Curtis." I smile softly.

"What a peculiar name. I like it." She states. "Were ya'll in a fight. It sure seems like it."

"Yeah." I fiddle with the scratchy bed sheets.

"Well I should be getting back to work." She stands up and stretches. "Anytime you wanna talk dear just ask for nurse Sandra." She winks then walks out.

I stare out the window for what feels like hours. The occasional nurse comes in to check my stats without saying anything.

"Hello love." The firmiliar cheerful voice of Sandra draws my attention to the door. I turn over and see not just Sandra but the whole gang minus Johnny and Soda.

"Hey ya'll." A smile breaks out across my face.

"Hey kid." Darry punches me I the ribs playfully.

"Thought I told ya you weren't fighting." Dally limps over to my bed and leans against the end.

"You ain't doing to hot Dal."

"I'm doing fine. Which one of us is in the hospital bed remember." He chuckles.

Ponyboy sits on the edge of my bed, Two-Bit picks up a bed pan starts playing with it and Steve stands akwardly in the doorway.

"Got socked in the face a few times huh Stevie." He smiles when I say Stevie.  That was his nickname back when we were kids. "Maybe your teeth finally got knocked straight." I joke and he rolls his eyes.

"Glad you're okay." He sits on the chair beside my bed.

"You and me both." I giggle. "Two, people have peed in those." I cringe and turn my attention towards Two-Bit who was currently wearing the bed pan as a hat.

"What?!" He chucks it across the room and we all laugh which send me into a fit of coughing. Everyone stops and looks at me concerned.

"I'm okay guys." They all look like they let out a breath of relief.

"Where's Soda?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"O'l Soda went out to get you something." Two-Bit winks.

"And Johnny?" Their eyes drop and nobody says anything for awhile.

"Guys?" I was starting to get concerned.

"Y/n..." Darry begins.

"Where is my brother?!"

A/n

Mwahahah more cliffhangers >:)))

~Stay Gold bitches