chapter 37

Sodas POV

"It's good to see you back." Steve pats me on the back when I walk in the backroom of the DX.

"It's good to be back." I chuckle. "Feels wierd."

He chukles and props open the hood of a car. He looks up suddenly.

"I had no idea you didn't tell her about" he struggles to find the words. "well you know."

My depression.

"I didn't want her to worry.  I alread have you and Darry worried enough." I joke and he cracks a smile.

"But I really am sorry." His smile softens.

"Steve its okay. You were just looking out for me." I run a hand through my hair. "Just next time you both need to control your tempers."

He opens his mouth to object but then closes it. I can't help but chuckle. He returns his attention to the hood of the car.

The door slams shut and Y/n storms in grumbling something under her breath.

"Y/n?" I look over at her. "Is everything okay?"

"Do you think I could get hurt in a rumble?" She crosses her arms.

"What?"

She takes a deep breath in. "Dal said I would get hurt in the rumble this Saturday. Do you think I would?"

"Theres a rumble this Saturday?" Steve looks up again.

"Yes. Now focus on my question!" She answers getting a little frustrated.

"well he ain't wrong." I mumble quietly. He eyes dart to me.

"What?"

Shit.

"Look none of us want to see you get hurt."

"So you think I can't fight." She quirks her eyebrow.

"Well its not that its just.. well... you know." I struggle to find the right thing to say.

"Unbelievable." She huffs then storms out.

"Nice job." Steve chuckles.

A/n

Sorry for the chapter its kinda boring and short.

~Stay Gold bitches