Chapter 63 • Chief

Despite bringing up last night's dinner when I woke up this morning, I feel quite good. My husband tended to my needs last night, and I met his apparently, which made both of us sleep like a baby, we had a good breakfast and we're starting the next phase of our lives together.

If it weren't for our alarms, I'm sure we'd still be in bed sleeping since it's a Saturday, but my tummy growling would've gotten me up anyways. The refreshing shower woke me up even more and now that I've fed myself and the babies, I'm ready for our semi-moving day.

It was a difficult decision to let my mother-in-law help us this way, or for anyone to help, but now that I'm a soon-to-be mum, I can't be selfish. My babies are depending on me and Harry and I have come to the conclusion that we will do whatever we need to do to have a healthy pregnancy and delivery.

"Love, Mum's here," Harry calls out from outside the loo with a timid knock. "Are you doing alright in there?"

I look up from my phone and focus my eyes on the door, "Yes. I'll be right out."

"Okay."

Sighing, I close the card game App and set my phone on the counter. After I clean myself, I reach down to pull my knickers and shorts up at the same time. With a grunt, I fix the waistband around my lower belly that has grown significantly in the past few weeks and I flush the toilet. After spraying some deodorizer, I wash my hands and look around the loo for anything we might have forgotten to pack after our showers this morning.

It appears we remembered everything and I huff out a breath, checking my reflection in the mirror. Since it's in the middle of Summer, I'm hoping my tank top and pregnancy shorts will keep me cool while we move. I grab a hair tie and stuff it in my pocket in case I'll need it later and I grab my phone before I open the door, simultaneously turning out the light. Their voices become louder the further I make my way down the hall and I mentally prepare myself for the busy day.

"Ah, there's my beautiful daughter-in-law," Anne greets me with a bright smile, standing up from the sofa.

"Good morning to you, Anne," I reciprocate the greeting by leaning in to kiss her cheek. "Aren't you adorable in those overalls? What are you; thirty?"

"What? Oh heavens no. They're just practical and comfortable for a day of moving. And you, JJ, you're positively glowing. May I?" she asks, restraining herself from touching my belly as if it's paining her.

"Yes, of course," I reply and she places her hand on the roundest part of my belly.

"Hello, my little darlings. It's Grandma. I can't wait to meet you both. Now sleep well in there because I'll have lots of fun activities for us to do together when you come out," she coos and I look over at Harry who's grinning proudly, sitting on the couch with Maggie sat on the floor next to him. "And how is the mummy-to-be feeling?"

"Not too bad. I had a bit of morning sickness earlier, but I'm much better now thanks to Harry pouring a glass of Ginger Ale for me."

She glances over at Harry with a fond smile, "What a team. I'm so proud of both of you."

"I didn't do anything out of the ordinary that I shouldn't already be doing for my wife," Harry humbly says.

"But I still appreciate it, love," I say and a wave of nausea comes over me. "Oh God, I think I need to sit down just for a little bit."

"Let me help you," Anne offers, holding out her hand and it makes me laugh. "What's so funny, dear?"

"What you just said; help, it made me think of when Harry and I first started dating. Asking for and receiving help was a big deal for both of us."