Chapter 22 • The Thought That Counts

"It's here!" JJ exclaims, guiding me to stop walking.

"What's here?"

"The pregnancy book I ordered."

"Oh okay. I'm glad you got it," I reply, listening to the sound of her keys jangling.

"Alright, in ya go," JJ says, guiding me inside our flat. "You can leave your suitcase right there. I'll get it in just a few."

"Okay," I reply while she shuts the door. "C'mere, I want to do something before I forget."

"What do you want to do?" she asks and I hold out my hands for her. She places her hands in mine and I feel my way around her waist. "Harry, love, I'm horny, too, but I've had to wee ever since we got on the interstate."

"I'm not horny-, wait, you're horny?" I ask, unable to hold back my grin.

"Yes, and you're driving me wild right now with your biceps and chest muscles popping through your t-shirt and for some reason your cologne is hitting me in all the right places, but if I don't go to the loo now, I'm going to wee my pants."

"We wouldn't want that. Okay, go to the loo and I'll wait for you right here," I say and she slips her hands from mine and I feel her presence leave. "But just to be clear, I wasn't trying to get into your trousers just now."

She calls out a loud 'thank you' that makes me smile and I feel around for the front door to get my bearings. While I wait, I inhale the familiar scent of the flat that we've made our home and it makes me both happy and sad; happy because we're home, and sad because I smell Maggie's things.

I remind myself that we'll be reunited tomorrow and the flush of the toilet brings me out of my thoughts. I take off my sunnies and fold them to put in my pocket and I hear her walking down the hallway.

"That was weird," she says, piquing my interest.

"What was weird?"

"I can usually control my bladder better than that, but I barely made it in time just now," she explains with a giggle.

"It's okay. Perhaps you drank more water than usual," I offer as an excuse and she hums in favor.

"True. Now, what did you want to do?"

I reach out for her and she places her hands in mine, "I just wanted to say welcome home, Mrs. Styles."

"Aw, Harry. Oh that's right; this is the first time we're in our flat as husband and wife. Welcome home, Mr. Styles."

I lean down in anticipation of a kiss and I feel her presence close to me. Our lips touch in a soft kiss, making me inhale deeply through my nostrils and I pull her body closer to me.

She hums into our kiss, threading her hand through my hair and I groan at the slight stinging sensation as she tugs at it. I trace her bottom lip with the tip of my tongue and she opens her mouth to mine. As our kiss quickly becomes heated, I hum in realization and I lean back.

"Why'd you stop?" she asks in a pouty voice, making me smile.

"Because I want to do the thing I wanted to do before I get distracted again and I completely forget."

"Okay, but tell me what it is first."

"Alright; I want to carry you over the threshold."

"What?" she giggles nervously. "Harry, love, no. I'm too heavy."

"Don't say that. Just don't, please. You're not too heavy."

"Okay, fine, I won't say that again, but being carried over the threshold has never been a fantasy of mine. I don't want to be carried."