Chapter 18 • Dress Rehearsal

"Done."

"What's done?" I smirk in her direction. "Your research on . . . certain positions?"

"Huh? No, I ordered a book online. It should arrive on Friday when we get home. I paid extra for quick shipping. I hope you don't mind."

"Of course I don't mind, love. What's the book about? Certain . . . positions?"

"No, it's a book on what to expect during your first pregnancy."

"Oh. Yes, well that's important, too," I clear my throat, inconspicuously repositioning myself on the sofa to make more room in my trousers.

"Mhm, very," she readily agrees and I feel the seat cushion next to me dip down. Her hand smoothes on my shoulder, moving across my chest and I feel her presence close to my cheek. "Now that that's done, how about we do a little research of certain . . . positions?"

"Y-yeah, if you want to."

"Of course I do," she pecks my cheek and moves away from me. "Lemme get my phone. Alright, I'm on the internet now. Let me think; okay, diff-er-ent sex-u-al po-zi-shuns dur-ing preg-nan-cy. M'kay. Holy shit, there are thousands."

"Positions?" I ask in shock. "And you owe a dollar in the swear jar, by the way."

"Ugh, we can start on enforcing that rule when we get home. And no, not positions. Website results," she giggles. "Oh, oh . . . this one is quite interesting."

"Interesting, hey? I'm intrigued by your reaction. Describe it to me."

"Well, it's called The Scissor."

"Oo, sounds dangerous. Is there running involved?"

She giggles at my joke, "No running with scissors involved. I don't know if this would work though."

"We don't know unless we try," I say in a taunting tone, reaching over to feel for her leg.

"We can give it a dry run. C'mon, let's go to the bed," she takes my hand, tugging me to stand up and she starts leading me. "Okay, we need to lay down. Well, I do, and you'll sit facing me."

"Are we getting naked?"

She hums in thought, "No need. This is just practice. Research. Think of it as a dress rehearsal."

"Alright, love, I get it; we're not getting naked."

She giggles at my theatrical disappointment and I place my hands on the edge of the bed, using it as a guide to crawl onto the bed. JJ mumbles something to herself as if she's thinking her thoughts out loud and she sighs.

"I'm laying right here," she guides my hand to what I recognize as her knee. "You need to sit on your bum facing me and hold on . . . uhm, yeah, your right leg goes on my left and my right leg will go over your left."

"Like a pair of scissors."

"Yes, exactly. But the diagram shows my leg can rest on your shoulder."

"Alright, go ahead. I'll even hold onto it for you."

"Aw, you're so sweet," she coos, lifting her leg to my shoulder and I place my hand on her smooth shin. "Now, we need to be close enough for our uhm . . . fun parts meet up."

I shake my head with a smile, "Fun parts."

"What?" she giggles nervously.

"Nothing, love, it was just cute."

"What? They are fun, right?"

"Yes, very fun. Okay. Are we in the correct position?"

"Yeah, now it says to 'have your partner gently gyrate into you, rather than aggressively thrusting.'"