Chapter 33 • Doing My Job

"Bye! Love all you lots and lots!" I blow one last kiss as everyone heads to their cars.

"Ring if you need anything," Trish calls out from the open passenger window as Emmet backs out of the visitor's parking space.

"We will. Love you guys!" I wave one last time before guiding Harry's hand to my elbow. "Are we ready to go home?"

"Mhm, more than ready," Harry replies with a little squeeze to my elbow.

As I start leading us down the walkway towards our flat, I exhale a relieved breath. After the anticipation and short amount of time to put this special lunch together, it's over.

"I think everyone seemed to have fun," Harry says, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Don't you?"

"Yes, I think it was a successful get together."

"It was, and the kabobs were delicious, by the way. I liked the marinade you used."

"Yeah? I'll be sure to use it more often then," I grin at his compliment, placing my hand on my belly. "I think the twins liked the kabobs as well."

"Of course they did because their mummy made them."

"And their daddy helped," I add, widening my eyes in realization. "I'm so glad we didn't get caught up in the whole Daddy name play."

"Me, too, if I'm being honest. Just know that I would have done it if you wanted me to, but I want my children to be able to call me daddy and for me to not feel uncomfortable when they do. Speaking of the twins, we completely surprised everyone with our news. From their shocked sounds, I could tell they were not expecting our announcement."

"Definitely not, besides my dad and your mum, of course," I agree with a giggle, reaching for my set of keys from the outside pocket of the beach tote bag. "What do you say we take a little nap when we get inside? It's almost three but and I can barely keep my eyes open and Maggie doesn't have a pep in her step either so I know she'll take a nap, too."

"She'll be fine. Are you feeling okay?" his worried expression warms my heart.

"I'm fine, love. I'm just tired. The sun always makes me sleepy," I explain, unlocking the door to open it. "In you two go."

"Thank you, love. I'm gonna use the toilet, unless you need to go first."

"I don't, so you go right ahead. I'll change out of my bathing suit."

"Damn, I'd hate to miss that show," he says in a sly tone.

I roll my eyes with a smile, "I'll make it up to you later."

He growls and clears his throat, "Alright, Maggie, take me to the loo, please."

While they head down the hallway, I decide to empty out the food tote in the kitchen. I don't feel like washing the Tupperware right now, so I'm just going to let it soak in the sink for a while. Covering my yawn, I make my way to our bedroom and I take off my swimsuit wrap.

As I take off my damp bathing suit, I recognize the sound of the toilet flushing and I hurriedly change into my lounging clothes. With my damp bathing suit and wrap bundled in my hands, I slip my feet into my house shoes and Harry says my name.

"I'm over by our dresser. If you give me your swim trunks, I'll put our things in the wash. It'll be a small cycle, but I don't want them to sour."

"Aren't you thoughtful," he grins. "Maggie, take me to JJ, please."

She guides him over and I reach out to touch his shoulder so he knows where he is. He takes off his t-shirt and I admire his already sun-kissed skin that makes his tattooed and toned chest and arms even more attractive.