Chapter 1 • License To Kiss

"Put your hands together for your newly weds, Mr. and Mrs. Harry and JJ Styles!" the DJ announces through the closed double doors and our guests start cheering.

"That's us," I glance up at my husband, gently squeezing his hand.

"I guess it is," he grins and two of the servers open the doors to the banquet hall of my dad's country club.

This is something I'll always remember; everyone who we love and who love us are welcoming us with applause and cheering as we make our grand entrance. With Harry's right hand holding onto Maggie's harness and his left hand holding mine, we make our way through the beautifully decorated tables to our table, complete with a placemat on the floor with a food bowl for Maggie at the end.

As the first song on our music set list begins to play, I bring his chair out from the table and I guide his hand to the back. He thanks me and feels for the seat before sitting down.

"Allow me, love," he says, pulling my chair out from the table.

"Aw, thank you. Wait. This might be tricky. I've never worn such a puffy dress before, and it's not even that puffy."

"Can I help?" he asks and his innocent offer brings back a fond memory and I smirk.

"Help? Why yes, I'd love your help since I need help."

He grins, no doubt remembering the conversation from one of our first tiffs from when we started dating.

"In all seriousness, do you need my help or should I get Gem or Trish?"

"I think I've got it," I muse, holding my train to the side and I slowly sit down. Once my legs are underneath the table, I let the heavy material drop to the floor between our chairs and I can't help but giggle. "That was equivalent to a half-hour cardio class."

His worried expression doesn't change at my silly joke. "You're okay though?"

"Yes, m'fine now. I guess I should've practiced sitting in this thing."

He smiles almost in relief and my attention is captured by what's going on around me. I exhale a breath and look around the room, not quite believing this is actually happening. After nearly eight months of planning our wedding, we're finally married and ready to celebrate with those who mean the most to us.

Soft, melodic dinging from the little bells I've had placed on each of the tables makes me smile and I gently bump into Harry's arm.

"You know what that sound means?"

He grins, turning in his seat to face me and he slides his hand up my arm until it reaches my cheek. As he leans in closer, I close my eyes and inhale sharply when his lips touch mine in a soft, sweet kiss.

In planning our wedding, I had to think outside the box as to what decorations and activities that both of us could enjoy and more importantly, what would make Harry feel comfortable.

The DJ announces that the first course of the food will now be served and Harry leans back from our kiss with a smile.

"Perfect timing."

"Yeah? Why's that?" I ask out of curiosity, reaching for my glass of water.

"Because I'm starving. Haven't eaten anything all day."

"What? All day? Harry, that's not good," I chide, scanning our table for something that could work. "Ah! Here, have an after dinner mint. It's before dinner, but I don't think it knows what time of day it is."

He chuckles, "I'm fine, JJ. I appreciate your concern, but he just announced dinner will be served, and lucky for us, it's not a buffet."

"But if it were a buffet-"