Chapter 11 • Never Let That Happen

"I'm hungry after that."

"Hmm, I worked you up quite an appetite, hey?"

"Yes, as you always do," I sigh, rolling my eyes into a smile.

He grins an evil smirk, tying his lilac colored bathrobe closed. His hair is still disheveled from our activity a few minutes ago and I watch as he runs his hands through his hair as if he senses me.

I glance one last time in the mirror at my appearance, loving the look and feel of my special silk lounge lingerie that I splurged on as a present to myself. I give my high ponytail a quick pull and I walk over to Harry.

"Ready?"

"If you are," he replies and I guide his hand to my elbow before leading us out of the loo and into the living room.

"Care for a little snack?"

"Sure, yeah, if you want one," he replies as I guide his hand to the seat cushion of the loveseat with fluffy pillows that probably cost more than my car note.

"Alright, I'll check what we have," I muse, walking over to the kitchenette and I crouch down next to the ice box. "Oo, we have green grapes. Want some grapes?"

"That's fine, yeah."

His lackluster tone lets me know he's not interested in the grapes, so I grab some green grapes that I'm craving for me and a bag of gummy bears for him. I take two cold water bottles out before closing the door to the ice box and I make my way over to the loveseat.

"Here we are. I've got the snacks. Do you have your phone or do you want to use mine?"

"I have mine ready," he says, repositioning himself on the seat to face me while I make myself comfortable on the opposite side. "Want to call Mum and Maggie first?"

"That's fine with me, love."

He smiles softly, holding his phone close to his mouth, "Siri, call Mum."

"Here's your snack," I quietly say, guiding his hand to the crinkly bag. "They're Gummy bears."

He grins with his dimples on full display as he presses the side button for the speakerphone. The dial tone stops and we're greeted by a familiar friendly voice.

"It this the newlyweds?"

"Hey, Mum, yeah, it's us; Mr. and Mrs. Styles," Harry proudly says, setting the phone on the seat cushion between us.

"Hi, Anne."

"Hi, my darling new daughter-in-law. Not that I'm complaining, but why in the world are you calling me whilst you're on your honeymoon? Is everything alright?"

"Yes, everything's just fine, Anne. Harry and I were just sitting down for a snack and we were wondering how you and Maggie were doing."

"Oh we're having a lovely time together. In fact, we returned from a stroll in the park and I've just sat down from putting a roast in the crockpot for supper."

"You're spoiling her, aren't you?" Harry asks in a teasing accusatory tone, making her laugh.

"You knew precisely what would happen when you asked me to dogsit, love."

He grins, biting off a piece of a green gummy bear, "Yeah, but I guess that also doubles as the reason why we asked you. Is Maggie around?"

"Why yes. She wandered off to her water and food bowls that I filled right before you called. Let me get her. Maggie dear, come here, please!"