Chapter 3 • Sneak Peek

A/N: I googled and searched for a pic for Georgina Burke eating cake or having frosting on her face and I didn't find anything suitable 😫 And I won't even show you the ridiculous edit I made because the white splotches on her face just looked like that . . . white splotches on the photo 😂 soooo can you please pretend she has a little bit of cake/frosting on her face in the pic above?? Also, isn't Harry just the cutest in that pic?!

"On the count of three!" the DJ says and everyone joins in with the countdown. "One, two, three!"

After I guide Harry's hand to my face, we smush the cake into each other's faces. Laughter and applause erupt from our guests and flashes from their cameras start going off as if we're famous people on the red carpet.

Trish immediately starts wiping the cake off my face with several napkins while Michal helps Harry and we can't stop laughing.

"Did you even get to taste it?" she asks and I stick out my tongue to lick my lips.

"Mm, it's delicious."

We start laughing again and I glance over at Harry. He seems to be enjoying this as well and I'm glad we discussed this beforehand and decided to have fun with this part. I've always enjoyed it when a bride and groom have a cake fight because it's very entertaining for the guests. Turns out, it's very entertaining for us also.

"There; all clean."

"Thanks, Trish. That's twice you've saved me tonight, and you're taking Romeo and Juliet for the week. What would I ever do without you?"

"You'd still have cake on your face," she jokes and I open my arms to invite her for a hug.

Someone says my name and even above the loud music and murmuring around me, I recognize her voice. I turn towards my mum and she smiles awkwardly, fiddling with her camera.

"Yes, Mum?"

"Since we had a fun photo, might we try that again so we can have a nice photo?"

"We were just about to do that, actually," I reply and she smiles in what seems like relief. I turn towards Harry and touch his shoulder, earning his attention. "Ready to feed each other the cake nicely?"

"I don't know if we can," he jokes and I reach up to wipe a smudge of icing from his jawline.

"Let's try?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Okay, I'll get us a piece to share. Just a second," I say, picking up the cake cutter with a pale pink tulle ribbon on the end of the handle and I divide a small piece. Once it's on the plate, I grab two forks and prepare two bites for each of us. "Here we go. Here's the fork. Ready?"

He grins, taking the fork and he holds it up for me. I slowly bring the fork up to his mouth until he can smell it and we take a bite at the same time. With everyone clapping for us, I touch Harry's shoulder and lean up to give him a sweet kiss.

The white cake with vanilla buttercream and decadent fondant is simple yet delicious and I wonder if we could sneak some to our hotel for our honeymoon.

"If I could have everyone's attention. In just a few moments, our happy couple will be off to enjoy their honeymoon," the DJ announces and I lean back from our kiss. "Please make your way outside and be sure to take a sparkler to send them off into a bright future."

Harry smiles down at me, soothing my shoulders, "Just think of us going on holiday for a week."

"I know what you're doing, and you're so sweet to do that," I step closer, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "But it's okay, really. M'not stressing about it anymore."