Chapter 10 • More Than You Know

I've been listening to the steady rhythmic sounds of JJ's breathing for several minutes now. Both of us fell asleep rather quickly after our romantic rendezvous in the bathtub and I've woken up feeling energized, however, I don't want to wake JJ.

She apparently needs the rest and since this entire week is about us relaxing and spending time together, I couldn't be happier right now. It's still day one of our honeymoon and we have the rest of the week to do whatever we want.

The one thing that concerns me, though, is that JJ has mentioned several times that she's felt nauseous. I wonder if it was something she ate at the wedding that has caused her to feel that way, but if it doesn't subside soon, we're going to a clinic on our honeymoon.

A deep inhaled breath snaps me out of my worried thoughts and I feel JJ roll over next to me. Since she could just be moving to get more comfortable, I don't say anything so I won't fully wake her. She cuddles her naked back into me, letting out the breath through a sigh and I hesitantly place my hand on her arm.

She hums favorably, turning towards me so I know she's awake. As our legs become entangled together, I wrap my arm around her waist and smile softly.

"Hi."

"Hello," she giggles, repositioning her leg between mine. "Have you been awake this whole time?"

"No, not the whole time. I slept well, but I woke up a little bit ago. I didn't want to get up because you were leaning on me and I didn't want to accidentally wake you."

"Mm, you're so sweet. C'mere," she says and I scoot my head on my pillow closer to her and she pecks my lips. "Hmm, this bed is heavenly."

"Yeah, do you think it would fit in my suitcase to take home?"

She giggles, "I think they'd notice a corner sticking out. Best we stick to only taking the miniature toiletries."

"I guess you're right. Plus, I much rather prefer our bed. Don't get me wrong, this is like sleeping on a cloud, but it's not ours."

"I completely agree."

Our soft laughter dies down and it's now that I realize that her fingernails are lightly scratching my back at a relaxing pace. I exhale a calming breath in a hum to let her know I like what she's doing and she stops.

I make a pouting sound and she giggles, resuming her hand's motion.

"You think you're so cute."

"No, love, I don't think . . . I know."

"Oh brother," she playfully groans and I gasp in offense.

"You don't think I'm cute?"

"Aww, little pouty baby, c'mere," she coos, cupping my cheek and she kisses my nose. "There there."

"Now you're just placating me," I pretend to act offended and I turn on my other side so my back is toward her. She immediately follows me and leans over my shoulder.

"M'sorry, love. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"

The lilt in her voice peaks my interest and I turn my head to face her.

"Maybe there is something you could do."

"Anything," she adds in a breathy tone.

"Could you . . . scratch my back?"

"What? Are you shitting me? Out of all the things I could do to you and for you and you want me to scratch your back?"

I grin at her exaggerated reaction, "It itches."