Chapter 90 • Guardian Angels

A/N: So life has sucked big fat sweaty monkey balls lately. I'm too tired to even explain. So I'm sorry for not updating any sooner. Trust me, it's been sucky lol anywho, so y'all know how I say I google for real-life/medical accuracy, welllllll I want this story to go somewhere specific so I just wrote it. So if you could use your imaginations, that'd be great lol

My whole body lunges forward and the side of my face bumps into the headrest of the seat in front of me from how abruptly Trish has parked the car. I probably shouldn't have already unbuckled my seatbelt, but the fact that my sunnies shifted on my face is the least of my worries right now. As my fingers fumble around to find the door handle, all I can think about is getting JJ the help she needs.

"Where the hell is this thing?"

"What thing?" Trish asks.

"The, the thing! How do I get out of this blasted car?"

"Harry, Harry, calm down. There's no door for the backseat. Remember?"

"Fuck! Okay, then please let me get out."

"Just hold on a second. I'll go ask for help. You can stay here with JJ. And be calm."

"Fine. I'll be calm. Just please hurry and get somebody." The car rocks as she gets out and I feel around for JJ's shoulder. "How are you, love? JJ, talk to me."

"I'm scared."

"Oh, baby, i-it's going to be okay. I-I promise. Trish is getting someone to help you. Just-" I'm interrupted by a tapping on the window and I hear the car door open.

"JJ, it's Doctor Tate. What's wrong?"

"Her blood sugar's extremely high."

"Thank you, Harry, but I'm needing to hear JJ speak. JJ, can you open your eyes for me?" he asks while I wait in the backseat, completely useless in this situation. "Open your eyes, love. There we go. Can you tell me what's wrong?" JJ groans and mumbles something I can't decipher. "Let's get you inside so I can examine you."

Her lack of response in throwing a fit makes me even more nervous and I lean closer to her. "C'mon, love. He needs to check on the babies."

She sucks in a breath, "The babies."

"Yes, so let's go."

"But m'tired. An' dizzy."

"I have a wheelchair right here for you, JJ. It'll make it easier for you," Dr. Tate explains.

The car rocks side to side as if she's getting out and I push Trish's seat forward so I can get out.

"Want my elbow?"

"Yes, please. Just take me where JJ's going."

"Of course," Trish guides my hand to what I recognize as her elbow and we start walking. "He's wheeling her inside now."

"God, I can't believe this is happening."

"Don't worry, I've already started praying to her guardian angel. He'll take care of her and the babies."

I scoff unbelievingly, "I hope so."

"We're coming up to the entrance." As we make our way into the building, I exhale a calming breath even though I'm anything but calm right now. Getting JJ the help she and the twins need is top priority. "He's taking her to a room. Want to-"

"Go with her? Yes."

"Alight. I'll take you but I'll wait out here. I don't think there's much room anyways," she says and I nod in understanding. "Alright, here we are. The doctors are helping her onto a gurney."