Chapter 7 • Magic Hands

"I've got the bag with the suntan lotion and a couple water bottles."

"And I've got the towels," Harry says and I glance behind me to see him standing by the door in a t-shirt, swim trunks and sandals. He looks so adorable I can hardly stand it. "You have the key?"

"Aha! I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks for reminding me, love."

"That's what I'm here for," he says in a joking manner, making me laugh.

"Y'know, we might need our sunnies. I'll grab yours and where are-ah, there they are." I tuck one ear piece in the front of my swimsuit's neckline before handing his pair to him. "Here you go, love." He thanks me while taking them and I grab the room key from the desk. "Ready?"

"M'ready if you are," he replies, fumbling around for the door handle and he opens the door for me.

"Thank you. I'm married to such a gentleman." He grins at my compliment as we step out of our room and I shut the door. Thanks to the automatic lock, our room is secure and I stick the key in the inside zipper of my bag. "Are you sure you don't want to bring your sight stick? It'll fit just fine in the bag once it's folded."

"I'm sure. For some reason, I want this to be a freeing experience, only if you don't mind guiding me."

"Of course I don't mind, Harry. I just want you to feel comfortable and safe."

"And I feel those things when I'm with you."

His words make me smile and I place my hand on his shoulder, leaning up on my tiptoes to peck his lips. A sweet smile tugs at the corners of his mouth and after I fit the beach bag over my shoulder, I guide his hand to my elbow.

The hallway is quiet, except for the squishy sounds from our flip flops, and it smells clean as we make our way to the bank of lifts. The only sound is the faint humming sound of what I assume is a hotel worker vacuuming and as we round the corner, the cart of cleaning supplies and toiletry products comes into view.

"What floor is the pool deck?"

"The rooftop," I answer, pushing the Up button on the wall between the two lifts.

"We're going to the top," Harry adds.

I hum in acknowledgement and the right lift dings. After the doors open, I guide him over the few steps and make sure he's settled against the railing before I press the button labeled Pool. The doors close and he smooths his hand on my hip.

"It's only one floor up," I kindly warn.

"So you're really saying there's no time to snog."

I giggle, "Sadly, no, but depending on how crowded the pool deck is, maybe we can . . ."

The lift stops and the doors open with a ding, making us smile and I guide his hand to my elbow. With the sign on the wall indicating that the pool is to the right, I start guiding us down the hallway. A single glass door allows me to see part of the pool deck and lounge chairs and I put on my sunnies.

"We might be the only ones," I quietly say and Harry gives my elbow a couple squeezes. As soon as I push open the door, we're greeted by the sound of water from the infinity pool and the noise from the city. "Oh this is beautiful. C'mon, we can set our things down by those lounge chairs."

"Alright, just lead the way."

There's no one around except the bar attendant who seems to be preoccupied with cleaning his station, so I can't help but get excited because now I don't have to be self conscious about how I look in my swimsuit. Once we set our towels and things down, I slip off my flip flops and wait for Harry as he takes off his shirt.