20 : what am i to you?

twenty:

_________________

Jay's

What's taking her so long?

I took a simple glance on the glass wall of the boutique Haru went in. It seems like she's chatting with someone. Who is it? Is it her acquaintance?

"Jay...?"
I heard a very familiar voice calling me from behind. I don't even want to look back.

"It's you..."
Jiwon walked in front of me. I just glanced at her and looked at Haru again.

Pathetic as it may seems but i'll just pretend she's not here. Yes, Jay. Pretend there's no one with you.

"I suppose you're waiting for your new girl?"
She smiled bitterly, looking at the brand of the boutique.

"Why are you even here?"
I can't help it but to ask. I looked at her, making her immediately hide the paper bag she's holding.

"Shopping... for some clothes."
If i can recall, the bag she's holding belongs to a department store near this boutique.

And that's commonly for babies.

Huh?

"Where is Heeseung?"
I asked, since it doesn't seem like he's here. Did she shopped alone? Why is he not here?

Jiwon shook her head and smiled at me bitterly.

"I told him to never see me again. I cut my connections with him."
She said, looking down. I took a deep sigh.

"Just what are you thinking? After you made use of him you'll discard him? Heeseung is not a puppy you can just abandon, Jiwon."

"I don't want to be a burden to him, Jay... And i don't want to give him more problem."

"If you're talking about the partnership with our company do not worry because it won't gonna be easy to just cancel the contract with them. And i am not that petty to even use my connection on the company to ruin him."

We were still bestfriends afterall. It is not like it is just a small thing.

"It's not like there is something going on between us... Jay. If only you will let me-"

"Cut it, Jiwon. I'm not here to hear your excuses."
I shut her up, gazing at the boutique again to check for Haru. I don't want to hear any excuses, no matter how realistic it is. A cheater is a cheater. No matter how immature it is, it is better to not hear lies.

Speaking of Haru...

Where.... Is she?

"Hello, Miss?"
I walked towards the counter and forced a smile. Haru is nowhere to be seen anymore. Where is she?

"Where is the girl on a black statement shirt that was here earlier..? Did she left already?"
I asked the cashier on the counter to check. She nodded her head and answered.

"Yes, sir. She went there."
She pointed the direction where Haru went. It was completely opposite from the direction where the movie theatre is.

"O-okay... Thank you."

Did she saw us talking? Goddamnit Jay!

Haru... Where are you?

Haru's

"You're here..."
Jay leaned in front of me, resting his palms on his knees as he catch his breath. I waited for them to finish talking in front of the car. I don't know... I just don't want to disturb them or anything.

I'm slightly pissed. I don't even know why.

Why am i feeling this way when i don' t have feelings for him in the first place? I shouldn't be affected of whatever it is happening to him.

I shouldn't be.

I don't even know what am I to him... I shouldn't really care.

"You're done talking with your ex? I waited for almost an hour here.. Seems like you two missed each other."

"I didn't talked to her that long..."
he whispered, moving closer.

Oh really? Then why did i even waited here for almost an hour?

"Let's just go home."
I said, Opening the car door. Before i can even open it, he stopped me by putting him hands on the door and slamming it close.

I looked at him. He moved closer, giving me an apologetic smile. I was pinned on his car, with his arms on my sides.

"Love.."
he called me. I looked at my sides, making sure no one is seeing us.

"Let's just go home.. Jay."

"I didn't talked to her that long. I came to find you quickly. You... Didn't told me you were here."

"Why are you explaining yourself? I don't care-"

"Love.."

"What? Stop calling me that, Jay!! Please!!"
I tried pushing him away but he didn't even moved. He took my hand and smiled at me.

"You're jealous."
I raised an eyebrow with what he just said. What did he just said? Did i heard him right?

"Jealous? I'm not!"
I defended myself. He licked his lower lip, smirking at me.

"You are, Love."
He said, smiling ever so lightly. I never found his smile very irritating up until now. I want to wipe his face. Like really..

"Shut up, Jay. Let go of me."
I said, completely annoyed at him. He just laughed at me as if he's finding it entertaining. What's wrong with him? No- What's wrong with me!??

I mean, You can't blame me if I am jealous because i saw them looking lovey dovey again. Jeez. Is he still not over her? Then so be it! Let them be, Haru!!

I don't want to feel this way. I feel betrayed. I feel like i was being left out again.

"Love... I swear i didn't talked to her for so long.. You should've given me a call or messaged me your location. I'm sorry for making you wait..."
I looked away. I'm in no place to be mad or jealous here. I'm not the real girlfriend.

Yeah right.. I'm not the real girlfriend.

"Jay....."
I turned towards him, gazing at his eyes.

"Love... Please. I'm really sorry for making you wait. I'll never talk to her ever again, I promise. Just... Don't do this.. Don't get mad at me anymore... Okay?"
He assured me, making me feel like i have something to hold unto. Will he really keep his words? Why am i even asking...

I don't know. My feelings are confusing me!

"Jay..."
I looked at him straight in the eyes, staring at him intently.

I want to ask it. I need to.

"What am i to you?"

__________________

"The meeting is set, Ms. Nam. Would you like me to message her for the meeting?"

Nam Eunbi's assistant walked towards her, holding a tablet on her hand and giving her the meeting schedule with Haru.

Eunbi turned towards her, gazing at her assistant with a small peculiar smile.

"Yes. Please do."
She said, glancing back on the window of her office before walking towards her swivel chair.

She looked at the small picture frame of someone on her table, smiling bitterly.

"She should be making a better progress now, right?" she asked the picture she's holding, sighing.

________________

Eyyy here's some new chapter because we won the prelim TTA votings last night hshshshs thanks alot for those who participated!! Let's all connect again for enhypen T^T