42 : gaslight her. add fuel to the fire.

fourtytwo:

__________________

one week...

"I already fvcking warned you. look at yourself."
Ms. Nam gazed at Haru with an irritated look on her face, sighing while she's observing the girl's state.

It's been a week since she told Jay to not see her ever again, and he's doing what she said. 

he was absent on all of his classes knowing Haru is there and he never came back to his penthouse ever since that incident. Sunghoon told them he's  currently staying at their mansion. he's trying his best not to see her, waiting for her and giving her space that she badly needed. Haru has been caging herself on her unit for awhile now, not wanting to get out and only allowing her friends to visit. No one else. Not him, especially.

She deserves it, he believes. she's badly broken again right now. by him, by a misunderstanding.

Ms. Nam hid her faint smile beneath her glass as she sipped on her iced americano.

"I should've listened to you..."
Haru told her, sighing and looking down.

"I've been telling you he'll just break you, haru. How can you not read the fvcking signs?"

"Because I thought the only signs were just the butterlies."
The uncertainty, the doubt... She thought it was just normal.

Ms. Nam observed Haru's expression. It was blank, she's just in pain.

That made her smile in victory. Her plan is going too well.

"The night he called his ex's name instead of yours... How can you not pick that up?"
She asked. Haru looked at her for a moment, remembering that night when he was all drunk.

"I'm sorry..."
Haru looked down.

"What do you want to do now?"
Ms. Nam asked, faking a sigh. wanting to hear the sound of hier completely giving up on Jay.

Because you see,

If Haru's broken,

He'll be worse than her.

"I..."
Haru shut her eyes close, pausing. Ms. Nam anticipated her next words, gazing at her intently, "I am mad. But I want to let him explain at least..." she sincerely said.

The smile on Ms. Nam's face slowly faded, turning into a frown.

"Do you still want to believe his lies after everything, Haru? Fvck it, Wake up!!"

'Do i still want to believe his lies?'
Haru thought to herself, looking away.

"But he...."
she didn't continued her next words, finding herself suddenly lost for words. She gazed at Ms. Nam's disgusted eyes, lookinga t her as if she is doing something wrong.

"Do you still want to have your heart broken? Wake up now! Jeon Haru! He's just playing with you!!"

'He's just playing with me...?'

"He lied to you. he manipulated you, Jeon Haru! just like what he did to Hyeseul... he's only making you believe he's only hurting but i know he;s already into someone right now. or maybe.... he's into his ex again."

Haru' s ears rang when she told her that. She looked away, the tears she's trying to stop from pooling on her eyes appeared yet again.

"Maybe for him, no matter how hard you try... You are not enough and you will never be. Wake up now, Haru."
Ms. Nam said, lookinga t her with much concern now.