43 : the untold truth that will fix them

fourtythree:

_____________________

"hey... where are you going?"
Soomin hurriedly ran towards her direction while fixing her hair. she looked at Haru from head to toe, seeing that she's dressed and is meeting someone outside.

"Don't tell me you're gonna meet him.. Haru."
Soomin looked at Haru with concern. The latter just shook her head, looking away.

"Do not worry I am not that dumb."
She whispered bitterly. Soomin nodded her head and scoffed. She's trying to be as understanding as she can be even though she's suspicious about who will Haru visit. 

'Maybe she just want to talk to him and set things straight already. what if... she'll tell him about the deal?'
Soomin thought to herself, glancing at the ceiling and looking back to haru after.

"Can I come as well?"
She asked. Haru looked at her for a second before shaking her head.

"I swear, Soomin. I am not meeting him. Do not worry."
she tried her best to smile despite the large circles under her eyes and her pale face because of too much crying this past few days.

"Okay. Fine. Have fun, alright? If you need me I am just one call away, babe."
Soomin walked towards her, spreading her arms for a tight hug. she kissed Haru's hair and caressed her back, whispering comforting words that she knows Haru needed the most.

"Everything will be alright... you'll eventually get over the pain. stay strong 'kay? remember that I love you so much, babe."
she whispered to her ear, smiling.

"I love you too Soomin but your wedding is already around the corner... do you want to marry me instead of Jake?"
she joked around, making soomin chuckle at her silliness. she gently slapped her shoulder with a laugh.

"dumbass! I still love Jake."
she said, laughing. Haru shook her head.

"jake's a nice person actually... I don't think you deserve him."
She teased her even more. Soomin frowned, pushing her away.

"really, Haru? After everything i did to comfort you that's what I'll get from you? Are you being serious right now?"
Soomin raised an eyebrow causing haru to shake her head.

"I'm just kidding, babe. you two deserve each other... speaking of Jake, Where is he? Is he the one that dropped you off here yesterday?"
haru asked, smiling. Soomin arrived at the apartment unit late at night and decided to stay at her home for the night instead of their shared mansion. 

"yeah.. you see, he's with J-"
Soomin stopped, realizing what she'll about to say. Haru stared at her, pursing her lips and forcing herself to smile.

"How... is he?"

No matter how much she denies it, she's still not over him.

No matter how much she hates it, she still loves him.

"He's just like you.. but Jake said he's worse. "
soomin looked down in sadness. Haru bit her lower lip and looked away, nodding her head and turning towards the door.

"I'll talk to him when I'm already ready. I promise..."
She said, slyly smiling before leaving the unit.

'Will there be a time that I will be ready to hear everything from him..?'
Haru asked herself, walking down the stairs while checking the address on her phone.